Inky got a letter from her son.............you have to read this

by Mulan 128 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mulan
    Mulan

Our niece, Irene, who posts here as Inky, sent me an email. Her 27 year old son is getting married in two weeks, and she posted a few days ago about how he didn't invite her to his wedding.

She told me I can post it as she doesn't want to read it again.

"Dear Mom. I've needed to write this letter to you for some time now. You
    need to know what my stand is regarding our relationship. I've waited to
    let my feeling and thoughts on the matter be sure.

First of all, this letter is not a scathing denunciation of you, nor a
    petition for you to come back to the brotherhood. Neither of such efforts
    are worthy of my time or yours. You have made a choice- this is your right.
    However, it is my right to make a choice, too. Because you left the
    brotherhood, I chose to have no relationship with you. I love the creator
    and the brotherhood far more than I love you. Not to say I wasn't
    heartbroken; I am just confident that I am doing what is right and will do
    it at all costs.

I am mindful, though, that I have a scriptural obligation to provide for you
    should you ever need assistance financially. You may contact me for such matters only.

Other news, whcih I know you have heard, is that I'm getting married this
    month to XXXXXXX. She is everything I've ever wanted in a
    woman-intelligent, spiritual, mild, beautiful, industrious, etc. Because of
    your actions, I chose not to invite you, even to the ceremony. I want our
    day to be joyful, and your presence would rob us of that joy. I am not
    apologetic for this choice.

Finally, you should know I am happier, more content, and more blessed in my life now than I have ever been. Jehovah has provided me with strength and joy. I am confident I have done what I (underlined) want to do, not what others have told me. (Though I know you don't believe that."

Well, that pretty much sums up all that I need to say. I wish you well. I
    hope you have found greater happiness by your course of life, and that you
    have no regrets.
    I will always love you, though my love has changed.
    Your son,
    XXXXX
    (these are not kisses.............I disguised his name, but he doesn't deserve protection)

How about some cyber hugs, everyone!!!!!!!!

• myself
    myself

(((((((((((Inky))))))))))))) my heart aches reading this

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Inky)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

that is the most heart wrenching letter I have read in a long time! How awful.

I can't even go back and quote what was digusting to me. I'll let it lie on the page all by itself.

I just hope your son wakes up sometime in the future. Don't give up that hope and just realize in the meantime he is brain damaged. If he really knew the truth, he wouldn't say such horrible things.

Hugs and hugs,

j2bf

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG Inky

Mulan thank you for posting it for her

I cannot imagine the pain you are in Inky. Your heart must be broken at such words from a son to his mother. The only thing I could say is that this is not natural. Just like alcohol talks for the alcoholic so too the cult speaks here and not your child.

I pray that you can see this is cult talk - the cult personality and not your true son. He is buried deep inside somewhere that you cannot touch. I hope he comes out of his cult personality one day and you can be reunited. This is not your child talking.

I don't know what else to say. I am rarely speechless so will offer a hug (((Inky)))

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

(((Inky)))

What a heartbreaking situation!!!! I am so sad for you, Inky.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

{{{{INKY}}}}

Someday he is going to wake up from this crazy 'dream' he's in and he is going to feel like a real jerk. Maturity will change him .... I feel bad, though, that after all of your sacrificing that you're not invited to the wedding. Kids... When he has kids, he will also start to realize the love a parent has for a child, and this alone will start eating at him. Take care.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

((((((((Inky)))))))) He is going to regret every pixel of ink on that paper one day.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

My jaw droped when I read this line. Never, ever, could I write/say this to my own mother.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Inky))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I am so sorry that you son wrote this to you. It would have been better had he said nothing at all.

I HATE THAT RELIGION!

Edited to take out the quote. Like Joy said, you shouldn't have to read it again.

• larrynbabies
    larrynbabies

INKY I won't go into a buch of stuff about how increadibly wrong and selfish and missguided and rude and shortsighted and foolish and hurtful and judgeMENTAL that letter is but you will get a big

HUG

I am so sorry you have to go through this.

from larrynbabies

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

I have tears rolling down my cheeks Inky. *HUGS* I am greatly sorry for that hurtful religion and all that it stands for.

Josh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit