Inky got a letter from her son.............you have to read this

by Mulan 128 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

(((((Inky)))))

Look at it this way. He isn't rejecting you but rather embracing them. They won't allow him to do both. Had he truly wanted nothing to do with you he would not have wasted the time to write. His admition that he still loves you is the part of his heart that has yet to be completely assimilated.

As the facts of the WTS corruption and evil are brought to light he may see the truth of it. Don't give up hope of having a more active role inhis life in the future.

Thunder

• blondie
    blondie

Inky, how sad! I received such a letter from a family member when I was inactive the first time years ago. I always wondered what the next level would be if I were to be DF'd.

It has amazed me how the organization has arms open wide for convicted JW pedophiles but not for people who simply stop believing what the WTS teaches.

I was surprised that there was nothing acknowledging that the training, love, and good example of his mother had much to do with providing the good traits he has today,

It amazed me that he is ready to give you money but not Christian love. Jesus died for all people in the world; he did not withhold his love from some or show a diluted form of it.

This is the conditional love that JWs take from door-to-door and is why so few people respond to their message.

Actually, Inky, the damaged person is your son. Hopefully, life's experiences will teach him true love and he will regret this letter and take action.

Blondie

((((((Inky))))))

• dedalus
    dedalus

Two observations, one frivolous, one serious, and I apologize if either are redundant in this thread. First:

She is everything I've ever wanted in a woman-intelligent, spiritual, mild, beautiful, industrious, etc

Mild? He was looking for a "mild" woman?! ROTFLMAO! Is this sad and hilarious only to me? How many of you out there are seeking "mild" women? LOL! Whew.

You have made a choice- this is your right. However, it is my right to make a choice, too. Because you left the brotherhood, I chose to have no relationship with you.

Yes, Inky made a choice, and then her son made a choice -- and her son recognizes the "right" of each to do so. How cruelly ironic, then, that his choice is an blatant attack on his mother's right to choose. That is, his choice purposefully punishes her for exercising a right he admits she has. Her choice punishes no one at all. That's the critical difference, a valid one that no Witness will ever be able to refute, not that any of them ever bother trying.

Dedalus

• Shakita
    Shakita

Oh, Inky....if you lived near me I would come over to your house and give you a big hug! I can't imagine the pain you must be going through.

Your son is being very extreme in his view toward you not going to the ceremony. I have known disfellowshipped family members who went to weddings and, right now, I know a young couple who is getting married who have a disfellowshipped sister and she IS invited to the ceremony.

If it was me, I would go anyhow. Damn his rantings.....you are his MOTHER! I would show up and if they would not let me in, there would be fireworks! I look at it this way, he has written you off, so what do you have to lose! Don't go down without a fight, Inky! You might not be able to change him, but at least all those there at the wedding will see that you LOVE your son so much that you wanted to see him married.

Again, I wish there was something tangible that I could do for you..... just know that, even if we don't know you personally, we care.

Mrs. Shakita

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Very sad indeed, but not unbelievable. Some of us here, at one time could have written a letter similar to that. As Hillary_Step and others here have mentioned, he is not of his own mind.

The letter is a testament to the cult control the WTS has over it's adherents.

I look forward to the letter of apolagy, he writes when the realization of what he has done sinks in.

Love David

" Millions Now Living Will Never Die Know "

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

(((((((((((Inky)))))))))))))))))))

I can see why she wouldn't want to read that letter again.

That would break any mother's heart.

My heart goes out to you.

Love

Denise

• shera
    shera

((((((((((((Inky)))))))))))))) Sorry

(This makes me angry,so I'm choosing to be speechless.)

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

(((((Inky)))))

So sorry that things are like this for you. Hopefully your son will one day wake up.

Sadie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I went to bed last night and woke up dreaming about this.

The power of love makes abused children still love their parents. Neglected children still love their parents. Children who have been taken away from their home because the abuse is so bad still want to go back to the parents who hurt them. This is the power of love.

The power of a cult can turn a child agaisnt a mother and a parent against a child. The power of a cult can surn one sibling against another. The power of a cult can turn best friends against one another not because of hurt or abuse but because of belief. The power of a cult takes normal healthy thoughts and feelings and replaces them with implanted and cold words

The letter is a perfect example of the power of a cult.

Hopefully one day he will be free

Inky as much as you hurt right now hate the cult not the boy you cradled in your arms

• Scully
    Scully

((((((((((((((( Inky )))))))))))))))

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit