Inky got a letter from her son.............you have to read this

by Mulan 128 Replies latest jw experiences

• Loris
    Loris

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((INKY))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sweetheart, my heart aches for you. when he comes to his senses he is going to be so distraught. This is such a prime example of the mind control that exists within that UGH religion.

Loris

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

SICK !!!! I really feel for inky !

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I just wanted to let everybody know that I read this thread...

...and promptly called my mother to tell her I love her...

CZAR

• Princess
    Princess
    That's cool. I should have known you were venting, but I couldn't help remembering a certain pumpkin that gave it's life for the apostate cause one Halloween.

But I was double dog dared!

Irene, that letter is perfect. I'd send it with no regrets. It might take some time, but I think eventually it will get through, especially if they have kids of their own. It got me all choked up!

Rachel

• Makena1
    Makena1

((((((((((Inky)))))))))))))

So sorry that you received a letter like that. Whether it's children, parents, spouse, ex-spouse - the pain that family inflicts is the worst. Children especially.

You certainly deserve better, and we hope that someday soon your son will realize what a wonderful mother he has inspite of differences in "theology". It's been such a pleasure getting to know you and Mulan's family. You are officially adopted.

I liked your intended letter very much - hope you send it.

Awhile back, I read a book called the "Four Agreements". It was very enlightening - and helpful - especially when I take the time to actually follow the advice the author wrote.

Here is the 2nd agreement: DONT TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY
    Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering

http://www.miguelruiz.com/agreements.html

More Hugs from,

Makena and Sabine

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

(((((((Inky)))))))

What a heartbreaking letter. I am so sorry.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LOL@ Princess,,,,, remembering the significance of a double dog dare......hehe.

On a serious note,,,,,,,,my heart goes out to Inky.........That religion is not the way Jesus meant true love to be. It is sickening,,,,,,,and all you can do is drop your jaw in utter disbelief that they can really say and write the things they do.

I am sure the elders have probably already proof read his well wrote out letter and gave it a big stamp of approval. It says everything in it ,in the robotic way the JW's are taught to say things.

My Father,,,,,,,( mother is dead) ,,,,,,,, told my d/a sister the last time we saw him that she was dead to him..... to her face, at her place of work. He was there to see me and try to save my soul that day. Only so he would look good in front of the C O did he want me to be at the Circuit Assembly the upcoming weekend. I told him I wasnt going, back, he said he lost one daughter and didnt want to lose another. I told him the door would always be open for him to come to me,,,,,,,but I know that he was there that day to shut the door in my face unless I agreed to go back to the meetings.

I havent talked to my dad in 2 years, not a call, no word thru the relative grapevine, no calls to the grandkids, nothing. He could be dead for all I know and I could be dead for all he knows.

There was no final letter of love sent to me at all. Not even a hug goodbye........ it was weird.

I hope your son one days sees how much he hurt you,,,,,,,,,and I hope you find at least a little comfort in knowing that so many of us here love you for your stance and understand at least in some way some of your pain. I wish I could take it away for you.

You have a wonderful family, in Mulan and Princess.

Hugssssss and more hugs,,,,,,,,,, Dede.....( always in the market for a mother figure btw )

• inky
    inky

I did it. I sent a letter to my son. I told hm the same things I wrote about in my earlier post. I sent it on an empty card in a Hallmark envelope. I am sure he will open it since he has a wedding coming up and is probably receiving many cards. It felt so **** good!!!!!!!! to send it. I only hope he takes it to heart. You are right Makena1 it is time for me to move on and not take this whole thing personally. It is just another step in the process of life. I WILL become a better person from this I promise.

Inky

• Princess
    Princess
    I WILL become a better person from this I promise.

You already are.

Rachel

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((Inky))))))))

I am so glad you are resolving this in a loving, hopeful way. It was a horrible letter to read, and a more horrible one to receive, obviously.

So sorry for your pain,

outnfree

(which I hope he will be one day)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit