Where is Tony?

by Athanasius 148 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think thread OP is correct.

Toni wouldn't hack all these changes, being old school. The GB are supposed to accept the results of a 2/3 vote, I believe? I agree he probably resigned, rather than co-sign the recent changes.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he'd handed in a DA letter. That would explain why he's stopped attending meetings (although I suppose it's possible he could attend via zoom without the publishers necessarily being aware? If they kept him off camera/anonymous for privacy).

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

The branch bought him two houses and almost certainly hush money enough to keep him alive n his usual lap of luxury and top shelf whiskey

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

From what I’ve heard, the two houses are not swanky, nor in a luxury environment, and the Org takes ‘em back once the Morrises are gone.

This isn’t a retirement package.

It’s an exile.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

But why not just kick him out with nothing like they do with most faithful long time bethelites?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

They can’t throw him out on the streets. He knows all the inner circle secrets. They learnt the 1st with Ray Franz.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Diogenesister: although I suppose it's possible he could attend via zoom without the publishers necessarily being aware?

But they are getting suspicious. Just the other day, one brother wondered aloud who "Mony Torris" was.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

It’s been so long now that if he was attending in person meetings somewhere then something would have leaked.

that time One of the Vertalomo sisters went to the KH nearest his houses they just said he is not here

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Maybe the exposure of their location prompted the WT leadership to move ‘em somewhere else.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot, that thought crossed my mind too. The leaking probably took them by surprise and forced them to make new arrangements. If that's the case, it's to their credit: they managed to cover their tracks this time. The housing situation was the one thing that leaked. If they've rehoused Tony, then they've stopped that from leaking. They've really got a tight lid on this case of Tony's "retirement". They rarely maintain this level of security.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The “Jehovah’s Witness Protection Program” in action.

😏

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit