Where is Tony?

by Athanasius 152 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Cameras? Seriously?

Borderline harassment.

Not cool.

He’s an old man. A grumpy old man, but an old man, nonetheless.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A better alternative?

Befriend him, take him to the pub one Friday night, get him good and soaked, discreetly hit “rec”, and just let him talk.

Nobody gets hurt… hell, he probably wouldn’t even remember.

Spycraft 101…

…if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    Befriend him...

👍👍

That made me smile - I was trying to imagine what small talk with Tony might be like..

Any good conversation starters anyone??

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Easiest thing in the world…

… watch and see where he already frequents, work your way up to him at the bar, and order whatever he’s already having for yourself.

It would, admittedly, have to be a long con…

…and all we might get is confirmation of stuff we already think we know.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot, that is a fun scenario. Unfortunately, not likely to happen in the real world. Tony out drinking in public is the last thing any of them would want, including himself. Too much chance of another Bottlegate or your scenario playing out. Besides, as previously discussed, he quite probably believes what he preached. It's highly unlikely he'd want to hang out with "the worldly" and apostates; we know from his videos that he despised them. Someone else will be buying his booze, and he'll be consuming it privately, perhaps with a small group of friends (if he has any).

A thought just crossed my mind: instead of kicking him out or demoting him, why didn't they just kick him sideways? They could have just created a new position and title for him , eg. Consultant to the GB. He could still have attended board meetings and argued for the hardline position, just couldn't vote. It'll probably always be a mystery what really happened.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Any good conversation starters anyone??

Watcha doing later? I happen to have just picked up a bottle of Macallan 18.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Has there been any sightings of Tony since his departure from the GB in February of last year?

Has anyone seen him in Lumberton, NC?

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

I kind of like. Tony " your ass is grass" Morris nickname also.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I’m sure if he could be moved sideways they would have. The bottom line was his drinking and mouth were just out of control. He was a liability and removal was the only option. If he had stayed I’m sure he would have been DFed. An even worse look.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Befriend him, take him to the pub one Friday night, get him good and soaked, discreetly hit “rec”, and just let him talk.

Sadly I think once burnt twice shy (is that the phrase?). That "bottle gate" stuff probably made him even more distrustful of the outside world. The way Cedars went after him over that incident was out of order, in my opinion. So he likes a decent scotch...so what? (Cheap whiskey is 😫) Might have been for a party...50th wedding anniversary? Super hypocritical of Cedars of all people to condemn him for that.

Personally I think we'd get more headway down the old Lumberton Dog and Duck with a bottle of Jameson..... for Mrs. Morrison 😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit