Where is Tony?

by Athanasius 129 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

On February 22, 2023, Anthony Morris III was officially removed from the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses. A few months later it was revealed that the Watchtower bought him a house in Lumberton, North Carolina.

However, and correct me if I am wrong, since leaving the GB nobody has reported seeing Tony attending JW meetings or participating in field service. In fact nobody has reported seeing him anywhere, not even at a local liquor store. The man seems to have vanished. Since the Watchtower hasn't released any new information about Tony to clarify matters, everyone is free to speculate regards what happened.

So here is my take on the situation. Back in February there was a heated discussion during the GB meeting where the recent doctrinal, procedural, and grooming changes to the JW organization were approved. Tony refused to accept the new directives and in a rage resigned from the GB. He was so emotionally upset that he experienced a serious mental breakdown and currently resides at a Veteran's Hospital.

It is all speculation on my part. Maybe others have a better explanation. If so please feel free to comment and let us know where you think Tony is.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think he's a member on here.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

In the absence of actual verified reports, it is easy to assume the worst. I have thought all along that the reason might be a more mundane reason. He might have health issues that require expensive treatment, and he is one of a very few full time servants who has VA benefits, which could even include long term care.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

If it was health reasons why he was removed then what about Steve Lett? He is not looking very healthy after all his vaccines yet he hasn’t been removed from the GB?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

He joined the Peace Corps and is happily engaged in charitable outreach in West Africa

• Dagney
    Dagney

I am curious about the real story of Tony, but I doubt we will ever know. I’m sure he signed an NDA in order to receive his stipend and condo.

Still would love to know WTH happened there.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Funny thing…

…apparently, the Org gave him and the missus two houses to live in, fairly close to each other (that they’ll take back after the Morrises pass on).

Why two, though? Seems strange, no?

We-ellll…

…maybe they can’t live together anymore.

And all that that implies.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Dagney, we'd all like to know what really happened. I think you're right about NDAs being involved. Even the Bethelites who might normally leak are being quiet, presumably because any leaks can be traced and punished. The lid is tightly on this one, so you're right, we may never know the truth about what really happened. A lot of people thought he may have left in disgrace, but others suggest it may have been more amicable: he was the last of the old guard that was standing in the way of reform, so they mutually agreed to a decent settlement to get him to step down.

Vidiot, the two houses are part of that incentive to get him to walk away quietly. The Judge had several residences where he lived, but never shared them with his wife. Maybe it's just a GB thing that us mere mortals would never understand. 🙄

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yes, I’m sure the explanation is completely innocent. 😏

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

As proven many times (sesrch the forum if you don't believe me), there is a secret society called The Kerfuffles. They run everything. Tony is now a member.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit