Where is Tony?

by Athanasius 153 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Would the GB be that ruthless? Possibly. Would they have the balls? Probably not.

They wouldnt even need to know. It could be whoever has their hands up the GB backside pulling the strings arranged it.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It's true that TMIII had a 'motor mouth' resulting in his becoming a liability to the WTBTS brand. But he was no doubt among the most liked of the GB because of his unpredictable & 'entertaining' behavior.

Will we ever get the real scoop on his whereabouts & intel surrounding his departure? Just think for a moment...there are 9 GB members + wives; in the neighborhood of 30 GB Helpers + wives; and then the fan club of followers AMIII has within Bethel & among the congregations as a whole. There are too many JWs who are disturbed by his sudden 'absence/deletion' as a GB member. Someone is going to reach a breaking point sooner than later and before you know it...we'll have the real skinny of what WT did with AMIII & why!

There are way too many disgruntled JWs inside the organization...who knows, there maybe is currently in the making a YouTube tell-all video that'll hit the top-charts soon enough. This Organization has way too many enemies for the truth not to come out.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

If the Watchtower has engaged an outside consulting firm, and is following their advice, they will keep a tight lid on the AM3 incident, and it may be a long time before the facts are revealed.

But what about his family? Didn't Tony have a son who was a CO? Has anyone heard anything about his sons and their families? Or have they also disappeared.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Surely his sons know the story, and their wives, and possibly their family and friends.

Plus his wife’s family, and her friends.

Surely AMIII has some longtime friends he’s spoken to.

Plus helpers to the GB who sit in on the meetings.

Plus just office gossip around headquarters.

There’s gotta be a leak somewhere.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Here is an off the wall thought. Maybe ol' Tony died. And instead of the usual "finished his earthly course" announcement WT did it the way they did as a method of jerking exJW's chains? Meanwhile they are sitting in their expensive office chairs laughing their a--es off at all the speculation.

BTW, he has not been scrubbed from their website. As of this morning there are 39 photos of him appearing in videos.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I heard second-hand that he was “privately reproved” for indeed refusing to go along with the GB majority decision for the Org to follow the advice of rebranding consultants and attempt mainstream reform (or, at least, the appearance of it), with alcohol abuse as a pretext contributing factor.

Apparently, he’s actually missed by a number of Bethelites, because (rhetoric notwithstanding) he was actually quite nice and approachable in person.

Assuming this info is legit ( and I actually think it is), I can’t bring myself to feel too schadenfreude-ey, despite any alleged resistance to organizational improvements.

The initial attempts to Stalin him out of existence on JW-dot-org always seemed a bit overkill, and I have a hard time holding grudges against folks who haven’t hurt me personally.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can believe he was friendly with bethelites. In the leaked video where he was giving an informal talk at a desk he talked as if he liked the people he was talking to and they liked him. He’s said some pretty callous things (like appearing to relish deaths at Armageddon, blowing out a match, human hot-dogs, and so on) but he’s a troubled complicated person that made him relatable, or at least a more sympathetic character than the the other GB members.

https://youtu.be/07LN7SQ9YOs?si=WfHW074x3pHUULUp

• Mikejw
    Mikejw
    it may be a long time before the facts are revealed.
    But what about his family? Didn't Tony have a son who was a CO? Has anyone heard anything about his sons and their families? Or have they also disappeared.

Even if it’s after his death from alcoholism the facts will come out.

At least one of his sons claimed to be anointed and is high up in bethel. Another son and wife graduated gilded and was given the white envelope by Tony himself I remember he was handed them all out and gave his black daughter in law a hug and kiss

• St George of England
    St George of England

22 February 2024 today, a year on.

Maybe we should remember him each year, TOMO's Day.

George

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    22 February 2024 today, a year on.
    Maybe we should remember him each year, TOMO's Day.
    George

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit