Dr. Laura

by AuntieJane 151 Replies latest jw friends

• riz
    riz

i used to work with someone who insisted on listening to dr. laura every day. i wasn't far enough away to where i couldn't hear, unfortunately.

my opinion of dr. laura is that she is a smug, know-it-all bitch. but then again, she spends all day listening to people who are, for the most part, pathetic, ignorant whiners. that would drive anyone to homicide.

i can't stand her. but i can't stand dr. phil either, and lots of people think he's the greatest. it takes all kinds, i suppose.

• herk
    herk

tj,

Thanks. I appreciate all the support I can get. I just hope it isn't showing how much my head is spinning. All this strenuous opposition to one little woman who has a large appreciative audience is mind-boggling.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Herk,

Why are you so angry with the fact that "us liberals" want to speak out against some of Dr. Laura's advice? Do we not have the right to do this?

Bradley

(I understand you might not want to answer the questions I put to you...but I think your silence does speak for itself)

• logansrun
    logansrun

An aside: It's my opinion that anything really popular with the American public is probably pretty pathetic.

Bradley

• herk
    herk

Logan,

Why are you so angry ...?

Kindly show me the phrase or sentence that indicates anger, and we'll go from there.

It's my opinion that anything really popular with the American public is probably pretty pathetic.

Again you've identified the problem in this discussion: "It's my opinion." Big deal!

Herk

• logansrun
    logansrun

Herk,

Well, I'm not saying that you are ready to throw your computer out the window in frustration, but I think it is rather obvious that you are quite annoyed that people are speaking against this wonderful, brilliant, saintly woman. You have every right to be a little angry, just like I have every right to say she's a conservative simpleton offering fly by night psychology based on quasi-Puritanical views. Isn't debat wonderful?

Bradley

• teejay
    teejay
    I just hope it isn't showing how much my head is spinning.

Well, Herk ... uh.. yeah. About that... it is. Noticeable, I mean.

p.s. "Herk" was my father's nickname. People on the street would call him that. (He was a twin and his brother they'd call Hank). Maybe *that* has something to do with my affinity for your argument? Nah!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    An aside: It's my opinion that anything really popular with the American public is probably pretty pathetic.

Bradley

Hey! Quit tryin' to suck up to Azzy!

Kindly show me the phrase or sentence that indicates anger, and we'll go from there.

How 'bout this:

Dear BradleyFagley, if you don't stop saying bad things about America's sweetheart, Dr. Laura (bush), I'm going to cut you up into little pieces and send you to the twelve food kitchens of Los Angeles CA. You and your liberal friends are all...all.... BASTARD PEOPLE! Your pal, herk

??

• Aztec
    Aztec

Just so everyone understands...not everyone who dislikes "Dr" Laura is a liberal. Not everyone who enjoys her "wholesome" brand of psuedo-intellectual babble is a conservative. I think she is a homophobic crock but that is my opinion. Anyone who disagrees with me is welcome to their opinion but I refuse to be painted into a liberal corner. On some issues I can be very liberal but on many (oh, okay, a few) I can be conservative.

~Az

• logansrun
    logansrun

LOL Six...Why, oh why, would I ever want to suck up to Azzy?

Actually, politically I'm pretty libertarian (not the party, but the ideology). I'm socially liberal, but conservative economically. Aztec is pretty liberal in both these areas, I think.

But let's not get off topic -- HANG DR. LAURA, DAMMIT!!!

hehe,

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit