Dr. Laura

by AuntieJane 151 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Are those my only choices?

With regard to Dr. Laura in this discussion, I think the answer is Yes.

Does that make you a judgemental conservative herk?

~Az

• riz
    riz

thanks for the compliment, teej

herk wasn't havin' it, but that's cool. he's probably as stubborn as i am. i can respect that.

• teejay
    teejay

Riz? Stubborn? Come on now!! Who you trying to kid?!!!

• riz
    riz

I know, teej. It's hard to believe, isn't it? A sweet little meek thing like me.

Actually, I am the most stubborn person I know. For reals! I choose to not see it as a bad thing.

• herk
    herk

tj,

Are those my only choices?

Apparently I misunderstood your question and inadvertently sprang a trap for myself. I suppose that's what I deserve for trying to think long after I should have been asleep at night. I appreciate your posts.

Herk

• Aztec
    Aztec

Herk, I was only teasing you. I don't go around springing traps on people. I'm not that mean. I'm usually up long past when I should've been in bed too.

~Aztec

• logansrun
    logansrun

I just needed to say that this has devolved into one of the stupidest threads I've seen in months.

Okay, I've got to go now....just like a liberal.

Bradley

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* The Good Doctor gets Naked*LOL* Man I love that Internet thingy...*LOL*

http://homepage.interaccess.com/~harryusa/comments/drlaura.html

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• teejay
    teejay

Many letters and faxes generously say how grateful you are that some of your own past actions are buried in merciful oblivion and will never come to light. Would that I could say the same!

.... I have undergone profound changes over the course of my life--the most important of which is my journey from atheist to observant Jew. In my 20's, I was my own moral authority. The inadequacy of that way of life is painfully obvious today.

... my early experiences have taught me how much better is it to live by an objective and absolute standard of right and wrong, preferably a standard set by God. And that is the hard-won wisdom I try to pass along to others as I preach, teach and nag.

... when I was 28, I legally separated from my first husband, filed for divorce in New York State and moved to California. Subsequently, I had a relationship with a man who was both mentor and friend -- a relationship that has never been a secret. I am mystified as to why, 23 years later, this 80-year-old man (Bill Ballance, the guy who took the pics! -HarryUSA) would do such a morally reprehensible thing. -- Dr. Laura Schlessinger

Can't speak for anyone else of course, but for me her statement concerning the photos only made her points. Hard to find anything to disagree with there.

• Valis
    Valis
    my early experiences have taught me how much better is it to live by an objective and absolute standard of right and wrong,

well t...those words don't seem to work well with each other IMO...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit