Dr. Laura

by AuntieJane 151 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

I listen to her regularly. I don't always agree w. her but usually have to admit that she is right from a moral standpoint. god knows we need more of that in this world!

Yesterday she read a letter (I missed most of it) from a JW to set her straight on someone who'd called in earlier about DFing. The JW writer directed her to the JW website, saying something to the effect that the earlier caller was incorrect about the reasons for DFing.

I'd like to see those here bombard Dr. Laura and direct her to THIS website. Share your personal experiences....keep it simple but truthful. I'll be the first. Her FAX is 818 461-5140

If anyone knows the full content of this call, please fill me in!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hi AJ

Perhaps the station/network that broadcast that show has a website? The TV stations here have most all of their broadcasts on-line.

Also, I recall that Dr. Laura had a website of her own, but she shut it down because too many JWs/exJWs flooded it?

Craig

• herk
    herk

Dr. Laura's website is still up and running at http://www.drlaura.com/.

Persons who subscribe for $6.95 a month can even listen to the entire program for yesterday (May 28) by going to http://www.drlaura.com/listen/.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

I listen to her show a lot. Lately there have been quite a few calls from xjw's. Her reaction to the calls is usualy one of disbelief and outrage at the callous and uncaring attitudes demonstrated to the callers.

Her little motto is "Go do the right thing". I think she's on to something. Isn't it just that simple?

Thunder

• dedalus
    dedalus
    I don't always agree w. her but usually have to admit that she is right from a moral standpoint. god knows we need more of that in this world!

Yeah, that's what the world needs -- more cheap dime-store "morality" crackling in the air around us!

Dedalus

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Excuse me Dedalus. I meant to say we need more morality. Period. And I think that "cheap dime store variety" probably works for some. And if it helps straighten out their stinkin thinkin, I'm all for it.

I work in a position where I see so much of the same immoral pattern repeated, drugs, gangs, kids having kids, no fathers....etc. etc. At least they hear it loud and clear from her and can then make their own choice, good or bad. Better than any (valuable advice) given by the WTS in their cheap dime store publications.

• teejay
    teejay

Years ago I listened to Dr. Laura almost every night, but it's been years since I've heard her program. At the time, I enjoyed her show and felt that she was honest, fair, and gave good advice most of the time. Some might view it (her show and her advice) a bit simplistic, but I thought and have learned over and over that "doing the right thing" is usually not that complicated; and usually people already know what they should do but become even more motivated when they hear it from someone else – especially a doctor.

Dedalus, you said

Yeah, that's what the world needs -- more cheap dime-store "morality" crackling in the air around us!
    I take it that you don't care much for her. As I said, it's been at least 10 years since I heard her show, so maybe she's gotten old and her advice is of little use -- obsolete. I wouldn't mind hearing your honest thoughts about her or her program.
  • Francois
    Francois

Dr. Laura didn't do much for her own image by coming across as the self-appointed "America's Moral Comapss" while at the same time, there is a website with quite a few pictures of her taken in her birthday suit by her boyfriend - including full frontal.

Everyone has skeletons, but I don't think it's wise to advertise your advanced morality and act like that site doesn't exist. Does reek of hypocrisy doesn't it?

francois

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

A woman whose nude pics (If you haven't seen them, don't bother. You can do better) are all over the net making 10 second diagnoses of people's problems and restructuring their lives before commercial break.. well theres a sucker born every minute.

I used to listen to her show for a few minutes in the morning for laughs. She'd have women give up their children for adoption, and all sorts of other fun activities just for her scewed pseudo-Jewish morality. I have come to the conclusion that most people just want to be micromanaged.

• Aztec
    Aztec

While on rare occasions she makes sense, her strict moral platitudes and unwavering dismissal of homosexuals border on dimentia IMO. She is a complete hypocrite and I can't listen to her for more than 5 minutes before I want to throttle the radio!

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit