Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

LHG - Very soon there will be a mass produced antibody test available, you should get tested and this will tell you if you had it. If you have had it it means that you are unlikely to get it again.

RB

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I also got sick with the "flu" with fever, fatigue and heavy coughing in january/feb. There is person who is Chinese working in my shop who was out for almost 2 weeks before I got sick. Makes me wonder too. I've never had that combo before. I stayed home for an extra 3 days after I started feeling better.

The thing is, after I started getting better I never relapsed like they talk about for the virus. I did stay tired for like a week after with low energy which I've never experienced before either.

No one else got sick at where I work.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    One theory is that even if a face-mask doesn't stop infection completely, by reducing the dosage you get, the virus could develop more slowly and give your body more time to respond so you get milder symptoms vs being blasted with a heavy dose and it getting overwhelmed. This may be why medical staff are hit so hard with it - too much sudden exposure in a short time-period.
    That's for airborne transmission. It also prevents you touching your own face which helps prevent the other major method of transmission.
    The messaging we were being told that "face-masks don't help" is a lie. The message was really "they damn well do help but we didn't think to stock up enough so we want you to not have them so we can". I understand that healthcare workers need them and should have them. The problem isn't regular people buying them, it's healthcare management not doing their job.

Simon yes yes yes!!! I’ve been saying all along, very much like HIV, the viral load of the person who infects you and the method of infection(ie for example those who contracted it as I.v. Drug user’s via a “bolus “ dose) affected the prognosis of the person who caught it. Ie the stage of the disease in the infected makes a difference to your chance of survival and I’m certain it’s a similar situation with Covid19.

And yes, masks work! We can’t get them but I’ve been ordering my teen’s to wear cotton”bandanas” over their mouth and nose, then carefully removed and boil washed (if you have a dishwasher that will do the trick)

Now the W.H.O. are similarly advising people to use them.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

P.S. Simon your mask is on the wrong half of your face🤣🤣😂

• LV101
    LV101

Heard from source in China that the Chinese were being ORDERED back to work whether they felt great or not.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Youtube has great instructions to make your own mask, not medical grade, but I made 2 in less than an hour if you have a sewing machine anyone with basic skill can do it. If you have several even better, they can be washed after any wearing out of the house. Several types shown on the videos. They can be made with fabric a couple of twist ties (to form over the nose) and thin elastic.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Some hospitals are requesting masks be made for them (Providence Hosp in Seattle and others) Those are made with hospital grade fabric and will be used in house. They showed a basic pattern very similar to others on the web.

I used cotton that was already in my stash. I will make a few more for family and neighbors. Stay healthy folks.

• Simon
    Simon

Another good article showing the math and stats behind why we're all doing what we're doing, to prevent the spread.

Well worth a read:

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Just changing direction a little bit, those that I live with are starting to show stress fatige already despite the fact that we are much better prepared and positioned than most. Nobody has mentioned this anwhere that I've noticed, I can't help but to wonder if the suicide toll might rival the virus toll. Sorry to be a bit morbid but my mind is highly geared toward risk assessment and such.

RB

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Like LHG, I too got sick at the end of January. It came on strong. A really bad sore throat and then a fever of 100 to 101 for about 2.5 days. I got tested for strep and the flu. Both negative., I was coughing so bad, and at night I would lose my breath. I had to sleep sitting up. It then turned into a ear infection i keep working out and doing cardio. During this time when blee my nose It was orange to dark yellow mucus for about a week. Then it went away the cough lasted about a month. Dont know what I had. But it sucked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit