compound complex

That’s a beautiful and portentous picture CoCo -- slimboyfat

I felt it appropriate to the thread!

Thanks.

• Terry
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

on the BBC news last night;

there are 1543 known cases in the uk--55 deaths ---thats 3.5%, which seems a worryingly high percentage

however, it is estimated there are 50,000 unreported cases here.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

The experts have said that taking into account the unreported cases which there are going to be, its about a 1 percent range. Ten times higher than the avg flu. The panic in and of itself is worrying. Will crime rise? Is it time to get out that AR15 with 30 round mag and have it at the ready? Will food supply chains go down? People and I have said this for many years do not know several things, the millennial know less, that is how thin of line there is between society and Anarchy. three people rob a bank and the police can be over whelmed if they are armed well and have body armor. Now think of the LA riots and the police just backed out and let them do their thing as blacks burnt down Asian businesses and people went nuts. If you were in the middle the call the police was bull shit. If you had not weapon you were at the mercy of the thugs. Don't rely on the gov. to protect you or take care of you. They will fold like a cheap hookers dress on a motel room floor when SHTF. People don't know that for years corporations have nixed wear houses and goods now go from factory to retail stores to save the money on the property for warehousing and storing. This means the wear houses full of goods is not there to act as a shock absorber

• Simon
    Simon

Some stores are having special seniors-only opening hours, usually at the start of the day so they can shop when the shelves have been stocked and there is no danger of any mad rushes when doors open.

I think if lockdowns persist then governments / companies will have to start some organized delivery of supplies of essentials.

It all reminds me of how much better society used to be organized with gradual distribution down to the street level. Each small community grouping would have their own corner store. Seems so much more efficient and civilized than making thousands queue / fight in a big-box warehouse doesn't it?

One promising sign is that the "rest of the world" trend seems to be looking similar to the Chinese trend, where it started to go up exponentially but then started to level off when the social-distancing and closures had the desired effect.

The problem with law and order is very real. The RCMP in Canada weren't able to manage it even before the outbreak with the country shut down by blockages that individuals managed to clear when the government was unable or unwilling.

Unfortunately, Canada was on a downward trajectory before this all kicked off. The government weakened us and put the economy into huge debt during the good times. Maybe some people till learn that who you elect does actually matter. A drama teacher making government appointments based on who he went to school with or what genitals someone has really doesn't cut it - it's sickeningly obvious that many ministers are entirely clueless and completely out of their depth, completely unqualified for the positions they now fill.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I voted for Trudeau as I felt we needed a change and to move away from the conservatives. However, what happened in the last days is outrageous. While the prime minister of Quebec stepped up and did all he had to as a true leader and someone who genuinly cares about his fellow citizens, I have seen the Trudeau make broad, general meaningless statements. Not even blocking the borders between canada and the US. What a shame.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Seriously, I am glad to keep this apolitical as the topic requests. I am glad that our Supreme Leader, Commander in Chief, or other respectful terms no longer considers this crisis as a hoax.

It was actually very encouraging to hear him speak in a dignified and respectful manner and no name-calling.

He just needs to get the virus testing kits available to anyone who needs them. I keep hearing repeatedly that South Korea tests 15,000 people every day and we (US) have only tested a total of 25,000 or so.

I don't understand what South Korea has that we don't have.

Rub a Dub

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

In our town in western ny all schools are closed, restaurants are closed except take out, grocery stores and limiting hours open and the worst is all the bars are closed so no one has a place to cry in their beer. I always feel a little humor keeps all from going nuts. No toilet paper I saw a picture of a home made outdoor bidet. Take a lawn chair cut the seat out and put a water sprinkler under it. Lol.

OK no more jokes this is serious business. Everyone stay safe. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    I don't understand what South Korea has that we don't have.

Perhaps the people there are used to working together rather than insisting on individuality at any cost. Trying to get a nation of people, each with their own opinion, to pull in one direction, must be like herding cats. People won't even stop buying toilet paper and stealing masks let alone agree upon or follow a plan of action.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Korea has a single ethnicity with few immigrants, no language barrier and still has a strong sense of family. And a smaller geographic area. And a nearly dictatorial government.

Contrast my city with 30 plus languages, muslim women who cannot touch a man ( minor), and a need for translation. Then add in the panicked people clogging the energency services. That is not all it though. Add the jealousy of the big suburbs working contrary to what the big core city does. There is rivalry among the hospitals so they do not cooperate on exchanging records. Different computer formats that cant read the other

I mistrust numbers that can be massaged we see that all the time. What the news says is not we peons see

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit