Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

My sister just came back from shopping. Bare shelves, no toilet paper, no potatoes or beans. They went to several stores to get stuff.

Looking online at all the toilet paper "out of stock". Costco had to limit people to 2 packages of toilet paper because carts were overflowing with it.

I'm afraid I haven't any stock of anything. Maybe two or three refried bean cans. Haven't had my kitchen fixed so I didn't have supplies. Maybe now is the time I will lose weight.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@days of future past:

Check your local drug store. Even during the peak TP buying frenzy, I went into the local Walgreens and they had TP. The zombie’s, in their blind, unbridled panic total forgot that anything other than the big box stores exist.

But don’t worry too much. In a pinch, eat cereal or ramen. Get some food, but don’t go nuts.

• LV101
    LV101

Walgreens here are inadequately stocked - ads in paper show they've stock of all the leading lines of paper products, Clorox wipes, etc., etc. It's all false - none of these items available in their stores or online. Maybe they're expecting their ship to come in.

A guy at Walmart (shopper) told me they're having issues - something about supply (obviously) and shipments. Walmart made statement re/new hours and no longer remaining open 24 hrs/day so employees can stock the shelves - there's a concept. Crazy but pharmacist at Smiths Food told me Sams Club is experiencing problems. Who knows - yeah, demand exceeds supply.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

MeanMr.Mustard - Well I have one roll left and it's only me so that will last a while. Hahaha toilet paper. There are other things you can do. People have survived without it. An old favorite of the outhouse was a corncob. ouch.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@days of future passed:

Yeah, what’s the worst that can happen? You shower off after each use? It’s rather ridiculous, the panic. But let’s be real, supply lines are not being halted. There will be more. Just check you local drug store and grocery in the mornings.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Update on buying patterns:

Some more curious purchasing activity has occurred. What is your opinion?

The main grocery store in my area had its meat section cleaned out today.... except for ham. Spiral ham, glazed ham, bacon, etc... small ham, large ham. Just about every part of a pig you might want was there in abundance.

I don’t normally buy my meat at this store. The price is too high and the quantity is too low. The bulk stores do much better at it. I was curious because last Thursday I was doing my normal shopping and the meat was kinda gone, but not really bad. So I drove over to check it out. Aaaannnnd, there’s meat! Lots of beef and chicken.... but.... no..... ham.

So, why are the people who buy in bulk cleaning out the ham, while the people who buy at the normal overpriced grocery buying everything except the ham?

All these strange patterns...

• hoser
    hoser

But then they do only print what Castro, sorry, I mean "Trudeau", pays them to.

The resemblance is uncanny

• Simon
    Simon

Saw reports that clinical trials of a vaccine are slated to start on Monday.

That's quite an achievement, let's hope for positive results from them.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

CDC has now recommended that all events of 50 and more people be cancelled if they’re occurring in the next 8 weeks.

• newsheep
    newsheep

Also read that they are skipping over testing on animals and are going straight to the humans for these clinical trials. They are looking for people that are willing to do this and get paid $4,500.00. Fingers crossed it works. I don't think this will ever end with China's filthy ways. I don't think they want to be educated on good hygiene when neighboring countries that have nothing still know how to be clean with washing up. So there needs to be a vaccine I think to fix this worlds problem. Right now this is a world that I don't want to be in. I fear so much for our youth of today. What hope in hell do they have with all what's going on except they can maybe afford a house with the way the bank rates are going

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit