Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Someone was coughing in front of me the other day, not into their arm or even their hands (bad enough).

I have to admit I am not at all polite any more when it comes to that level of stupidity and selfishness. I let go now with a loud, "Cover your f--king mouth you ignorant a--hole!"

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

My wife had a business trip to Europe scheduled at the end of March.

She finally agreed with me that she is doing it via Business Skype.

Rub a Dub

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Rumor mill has assemblies in California and Texas canceled. High hopes for here

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

It’s creeping pretty close to me now... each day it expands its domain.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I’m scared. I’ve been trying to get hand gel for over 2 weeks now and we have one between the 4 of us. I have 14 year old twins and my lungs are appalling, I have emphysema and my husband is a life long asthma sufferer. We have no one to care for my children if anything happens to us. Even if my husband survives I don’t think he’ll cope looking after the children. I’m terrified of them being alone the way I was, and they don’t have he mental resources I had ....they’re not academic so I worry about their future anyway.

• compound complex
    compound complex

(((((EVERYONE)))))

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Dio....

Spritz bottle of alcohol. Weak bleach solution and paper towels. Just the proper hand washing regimen. Maybe cleaning wipes are not sold out. I read one of making your own from aloe vera and rubbing alcohol. (?)

If this really gets serious maybe authorities will enforce preference for vulnerables.

• solomon
    solomon

Buy some cheap vodka and dip your hands in it. If it kills liver cells it should kill some germs.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i bought a 500ml bottle of 99% rubbing alcohol--with a pump spray--in the week. about 8 quid, from a hardware store. not remotely for a hand sanitiser--which its ideal for--but for my hobby.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If you live in a highly populated city that is known to have a lot of travelers particularity from Asia it would make good sense to wash your hands when you get home from doing things outdoors, such as working out of home, shopping whatever, until the known transmission of the virus is noted to be controlled. It will eventually due the travel restrictions being enforced.

Be safe and keep cool, its not the end of the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit