Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Informative talk about Coronaviruses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhYcbo7rqEQ

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

When do you think investors are gonna start getting more rational and stop the selling spree?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

My Wife is one of the Supervisors (20+ years) of a large group of Medical labs who sees hundreds of patients each day. Their sanitation and testing procedures haven't changed because they are more than adequate as they are.

The Lab Techs don't wear masks themselves, rather, the patients are given a mask if they are coughing or sneezing so as to prevent the droplets from being spread. The Techs, because they are working directly in the patients face, only wear a mask if the patient (such as a child) has difficulty keeping the mask on or in place or has a condition that prevents him from wearing one.

There's a lot of silliness and misinformation out there. Yesterday at Home Depot, the cashier was wearing purple Nitrile gloves. I asked her why and she said it was because of the Contra virus. I told her that the virus doesn't bore through the skin rather it is spread by the hands to the mucous membranes of the eyes nose and mouth. The virus could be on the glove just as easily as on her hands.

She looked surprised and said "Well everyone else is wearing them so I figured I better wear them too".

The gloves gave her a false sense of security which could lead to her not washing her hands as regularly and or exposing her hands to the virus because she wasn't trained to take the gloves off properly.

I wonder if she'll run to Costco to get a crate of toilet paper after work.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Put on your gloves, move carts and stuff, scratch nose, sneeze, move more stuff. Home depot sells TP and clorox, dont tell or it will be gone

• JeffT
    JeffT

The University of Washington has suspended classes March 9th - 20th. The private K-12 where my two older children teach, and granddaughter is a student is closing for at least a week. The K-12 is setting up to do remote classes over the internet. I expect more closure's will be announced in the next few days.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Some of the exponential increase comes from more testing. Now hypochondriacs are showing up. There has been a lingering snotty nose going around all winter anyway

New directive from elders is no shaking hands, hugs, kisses. I assume you can still wipe your nose then push the hand drier button though and flush the john.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Snotty Nose" is not a symptom of Covid19 so far as I know. It attacks the Lungs.

• hoser
    hoser

You will also need a good semi automatic rifle and at least 1000 rounds of ammo to keep the looters away from your stockpile of toilet paper.

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

New York Bethels are closed to the public through March 31, 2020.

https://www.betheltours4u.com/

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

The governor of NY had declared a state of emergency. This will free up 30 million dollars for testing and what ever comes along. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit