What did President Trump say about Sweden?

by kpop 236 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty
    Strangely, I don't see many Muslim countries at the top of the list.

If the same laws and protections we enjoy in the west were applied in Muslim countries their crime statistics would be off the scale.

• Landy
    Landy
    If the same laws and protections we enjoy in the west were applied in Muslim countries their crime statistics would be off the scale.

That's a hell of an assumption and not my experience. I've visited a fair few Muslim countries and also am friends with someone who's ridden their bike through eastern turkey and Syria and never felt threatened. Anecdotal I realise , but still an indication.

I realise there are countries where women's rights and the treatment of women (Iran in particular) is shocking.

• Simon
    Simon
    Strangely, I don't see many Muslim countries at the top of the list. Even that hotbed of immigrant psychopaths Syria, had a murder rate of less than half of the US, Perhaps Syria should shut its borders to to the murders and criminals from the US?

The data for Syria is from 2010. I suspect slightly more people may have died since then.

Also as Cofty says, many of these countries are so dysfunctional they don't even recognize some things as murder and rape is allowed so that isn't a crime either. The "rape culture" that the left claims exists here does actually exist in some places where women can't testify or are blamed for it.

There are lots of people from those countries that I think should be welcomed and helped. But not the people who are being predominantly helped and not in the way we are currently helping them which is to dump them on local communities that are then overwhelmed and have to pay the price for someone else's liberal do goodery.

• cofty
    cofty
    I realise there are countries where women's rights and the treatment of women (Iran in particular) is shocking

Every Muslim majority country without exception.

Now what do you think might happen when hundreds of thousands of single men from those countries pour into western communities where women enjoy freedom and equality?

You don't have to guess at the answer. Sweden and Germany are running the experiment. Turns out to nobody's surprise that you get gang rape and sexual assaults and pedophile rings.

• cofty
    cofty

The World Economic Forum (WEF), which, as part of its annual Global Gender Gap Report, ranked 145 countries on gender equality. Here are the bottom ten. Saudi Arabia is pushed into 12th place.

What do the following countries all have in common?

The original source can be seen here. The ranking is slightly different than in the Telegraph report but you have to scan from Yemen in 144th place to Korea in 116th to find a non Muslim-majority country. That's a clean sweep of the top (or bottom) 28 places to followers of Islam.

Other Muslim states like Afghan can't even be ranked.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

pedophile rings, gang rapes and prostitution including child prostitution is carried out by all cultures. You really have to put your filters on to focus on a one culture.

and to say it is a religious thing it put on even darker filters.

most middle eastern countries had their territories marked out by Britain and France - the rest is history - the idea was to keep them penned in. this has affected progress hugely. then also they have banded together against what they see as a common enemy when they perceived that the US, Britain and France were banding together to support their common enemy. these are just some objective explanations and are not excuses.

But I guess some here want to paint religion as the root of evil - and worst of all the muslim religion the epitome of all evil. well there are ways discuss negative beliefs without being racist and this would be to not say they are all like that.

let me start by saying that most Pakistanis in Britain adhere to a religion is private sort of belief while politics is public. they keep religion in the private space. Sharia law in Britain is practiced as family law and remains in the private sphere.

Trump has everything back to front in this respect. but I think good will come out of his rants - keep ranting Mr Trump

• cofty
    cofty
    to say it is a religious thing it put on even darker filters.

Muhammed was a pedophile.

The 28 worst places on earth to be a women are all Muslim countries where religion significantly influences laws and customs.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    Muhammed was a pedophile. cofty.

Cofty on that basis so were most dynastic monarchs in Europe and elsewhere

The 28 worst places on earth to be a women are all Muslim countries where religion significantly influences laws and customs. cofty

the jury is out on the above.

nice talking to ya though

• cofty
    cofty
    Cofty on that basis so were most dynastic monarchs in Europe and elsewhere
    No not true. I'm not talking about marrying a post-pubescent girl of 14 or 15 I'm talking about the rape of a prepubescent child. Muhammed was a child rapist.

the jury is out on the above.
    No the jury is in and the verdict is damning. See the mass of data by the World Economic Forum. The facts and figures don't lie. Islam is incompatible with freedom and democracy.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

okay in the spirit of this thread - I will come out and say that the Koran needs to be interpreted more towards giving women more freedom and such expressions need to be more vocal from those who believe in the koran.

howsthat cofty?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit