What did President Trump say about Sweden?

by kpop 236 Replies latest social current

• Landy
    Landy

@QCMBR

So do you think your statistics show that the ethnic minority population in your area is also the poorest, many living in poverty? Could that have more of a causative effect on their perceived behaviour rather than their race?

• Simon
    Simon
    So do you think your statistics show that the ethnic minority population in your area is also the poorest, many living in poverty? Could that have more of a causative effect on their perceived behaviour rather than their race?

It depends on the "ethnic minority" in question. Some aren't the poorest, some cultures really value education and promote hard work and achievement and have higher average earnings than "whitey". I'm looking at you, asians, with your good grades and work ethic and lower crime rates - you make the rest of us look bad! :D

Where were we? Oh yeah, somehow we're now supposed to excuse other people's criminal behavior because they are living in poverty? It really depends on why and what choices people make. Being poor might explain theft of food but it doesn't explain many other crimes including crimes against people. How does rape help anyone pay their rent for instance?

• Landy
    Landy
    Where were we? Oh yeah, somehow we're now supposed to excuse other people's criminal behavior because they are living in poverty? It really depends on why and what choices people make. Being poor might explain theft of food but it doesn't explain many other crimes including crimes against people. How does rape help anyone pay their rent for instance?

I don't recall saying it had to be excused because they were poor - I said it was more likely to be more of a causative factor in criminal behaviour than the fact they are Asian. Especially with regard to drug addiction and acquisitive crime to feed it.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Landy

Is this the large non-integrating immigration that are integrating their kids into school?

The law says that you have to go to school in this country (you can home school but it's not encouraged.) The schools are a place where we - as a nation - are in a race to install common ideas of equal rights, respect and tolerance. One day I hope they'll add critical thinking to the curriculum but for now the community has to do what it can, at a high cost, with those it is in the care of.

• Landy
    Landy
    Being poor might explain theft of food but it doesn't explain many other crimes including crimes against people. How does rape help anyone pay their rent for instance?

You do seem to have a bee in your bonnet about this. Have there been instances where a group of Asians have been involved in organised abuse. Yes. Have there been instances where groups of white people have engaged in organised abuse. Yes.

• Simon
    Simon
    I said it was more likely to be more of a causative factor in criminal behaviour than the fact they are Asian.

Except that (and the point you don't seem able to grasp) while the race isn't a DIRECT influencer on them being criminal or high earner or whatever, the CULTURE and ATTITUDES that their RACE may be more likely to promote can be more of a direct causal factor in their behavior and outcomes.

So, race is a factor, just not a direct one.

Seriously, is this a surprise or a shock to anyone?

• Landy
    Landy
    The law says that you have to go to school in this country (you can home school but it's not encouraged.) The schools are a place where we - as a nation - are in a race to install common ideas of equal rights, respect and tolerance. One day I hope they'll add critical thinking to the curriculum but for now the community has to do what it can, at a high cost, with those it is in the care of.

I liked that post because I wholeheartedly agree with it.

But the picture that some paint would have us believe that the immigrants only respect sharia law and have no concept of or willingness to obey secular law.

• Simon
    Simon
    Have their been instances where a group of Asians have been involved in organised abuse. Yes. Have their been instances where groups of white people have engaged in organised abuse. Yes.

Yes, of course. Silly me. All people of all races and backgrounds all commit crime at exactly the same rate the world over and so it can never be compared or patterns looked at, it's also evenly distributed in countries and towns and all are treated fairly. It's so clear and obvious. All I had to do was swallow that blue pill someone gave me to understand.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Landy - the people , on anecdotal average, driving the best cars in the area are the Asian youths. There is definitely poverty in the area (this is a council estate area with relatively few private homes) however, the majority of local crime when I first arrived here was caused by a gypsy encampment up the road and two white lads who have since been in and out of jail and seem to have calmed down. The gypsies now tend to drive quad bikes around the estate at night as their major nuisance factor.

No the crime has shifted and is quite specific. I think poverty will account for a lot of shoplifting as families struggle to eat but overall UK welfare payments are generous and crime in Arleston isn't like urban inner city crime. Burglaries dropped massively when the 2 lads I mentioned above started their time at her Majesty's pleasure. Most people here have a big TV, basic food in the cupboard, enough for a few vices and Netflix. Car ownership has dropped a bit but overall I'm not seeing poverty as a major causative effect - it didn't cause the sex rings. This is the story that has particularly horrified the community: http://www.simonandschuster.co.uk/books/I-Never-Gave-My-Consent/Holly-Archer/9781471157028

• Landy
    Landy
    Except that (and the point you don't seem able to grasp) while the race isn't a DIRECT influencer on them being criminal or high earner or whatever, the CULTURE and ATTITUDES that their RACE may be more likely to promote can be more of a direct causal factor in their behavior and outcomes.

Ok then, if we follow your reasoning then the crime rates in the countries they originate from should be astronomical shouldn't it?

Here's a per capita comparison

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Violent-crime/Murder-rate-per-million-people

Strangely, I don't see many Muslim countries at the top of the list. Even that hotbed of immigrant psychopaths Syria, had a murder rate of less than half of the US, Perhaps Syria should shut its borders to to the murders and criminals from the US?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit