What did President Trump say about Sweden?

by kpop 236 Replies latest social current

• Landy
    Landy
    But the fact is that it's quite plausible that some races are more prone to violence than others, and more prone to a lot of different things than others. and if that's true, then it's just the way it is.

Bollocks

Some people may be more prone to violence due to culture and environment. That may include some middle eastern cultures. It will also also include people brought up on the housing estates of toxteth and south central LA. That's nothing to do with someone's race.

Whch leads us back to criminality being just that. Criminality.

• Simon
    Simon
    Criminals are criminals because they are criminals, not because they are a different race to you. Go to another town and the local feral youths will all be white.

And the white community will not be protecting them, the police will not be ignoring them and society will not be excusing their behavior with pitiful claims of "oooh, it's just their culture, but ours is no better"

Our culture is better than theirs and we are better than them.

Not because of color, but because of behavior as you point out.

• Simon
    Simon
    That's nothing to do with someone's race.

It can be when, in those areas, the religion has a high correlation with certain races.

In the same way that the Mafia are correlated with Italians.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Here's some extracts from the 2013 school report (in the 2015 report they did improve on many of these metrics due to a lot of extra training and money which was spent following the poor 2013 report ) and doesn't include areas where they are doing ok (i.e. I'm cherry picking the points to illustrate the basic idea that educational attainment and resource allocations change when the community is experiencing a large non-integrating immigration.)

• This is a larger-than-average primary school.
    • The very large majority of pupils are from White British or Pakistani backgrounds, in equal proportions. The remaining few come from a wide range of other ethnic heritages.
    • The proportion of pupils speaking English as an additional language is well above the national average.
    • The proportion of pupils supported by the pupil premium, which is extra government funding for particular groups, including pupils known to be eligible for free school meals, looked after children and those from service families, is well above the national average.

Achievement of pupils - Requires improvement 3

Quality of teaching Requires improvement 3

Behaviour and safety of pupils Good 2

Leadership and management Requires improvement 3

• Achievement requires improvement because not enough pupils make good progress, particularly in mathematics and those who are more able. This is because teaching is not consistently good throughout the school and so progress between year groups is too variable.
    • Pupils join the school with knowledge and skills that are well below those expected for children of this age, particularly in aspects of communication, language and literacy and mathematical development. Progress requires improvement in the Early Years Foundation Stage although it is showing signs of improvement. The Nursery establishes good links with parents and carers and so children settle quickly. There is a strong emphasis on care and nurture, especially for children who have specific needs. For example, when pupils who speak English as an additional language were encouraged to make a pattern with coloured cubes, a bi-lingual teaching assistant explained what the child should do in their first language while encouraging them to talk about their work in English.
    • Pupils supported with pupil premium funding make similar progress to others as a result of the support they receive in lessons and small group teaching. They are closing the gap in attainment with other pupils in the school and nationally in English, but the gap has increased in mathematics. Based on their average points scores at the end of Year 6 these pupils are approximately two terms behind their classmates in English and three terms behind them in mathematics.
    • Teaching assistants make a significant contribution to pupils’ learning throughout the lesson, especially for pupils who speak English as an additional language, as well as disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs. For example in a Key Stage 1 class a teaching assistant supporting a group of pupils who have special educational needs, made very good use of the interactive whiteboard to help them to create sentences.

From the 2015 report - which does show marked improvements - but what this doesn't tell you is that they basically had to do the following after pupils from aforementioned community had been sexually harassing female classmates on social media and the police and social workers got involved:

• The work done to secure pupils’ appreciation of British values is a major strength of the school. Pupils understand the importance of showing tolerance and respect for each other. They talk openly about this and about how well those from a range of different communities get on together in school. Staff have promoted pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development outstandingly well to create a highly positive culture and ethos where all groups have an equal chance to succeed without discrimination. This work is supported by the school’s role in the cooperative trust, which has helped cement its place at the heart of the community.
    • Pupils have a suitable understanding of what constitutes bullying and how to deal with it. They are very positive about the lack of any name-calling or racist bullying. They know how to keep themselves safe when using computers. They are aware of possible dangers from, for example, strangers, and are confident there are adults in school who they can trust and would talk to if they had any worries.

The following is very cleverly worded way of saying the Pakistani children struggle to keep up but make better progress than the national average for their community. The more able kids - whatever their background - get neglected since the school is throwing all its efforts at the less advantaged.

• Pupils from minority ethnic backgrounds make good progress in reading, writing and mathematics. The largest minority group, from a Pakistani heritage, make better progress than similar pupils nationally. Those from Eastern Europe often make exceptionally good progress, especially in reading and writing.
    • Throughout the school, the most-able pupils make at least the expected progress. The school is aware that it is not yet doing enough to ensure that more reach the highest possible levels in their work
  • Landy
    Landy
    Not because of color, but because of behavior as you point out.

The problem is that you happen to be singling out a race and correlating any criminal behaviour an individual may commit to being caused by their race. The fact is they commit criminal behaviour because they are a criminal - not because their skin happens to be dark.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Bollocks
    Some people may be more prone to violence due to culture and environment.

You are just making assertions to crow-bar your tree-hugging dream. The universe doesn't owe you any such parity. Reality is just the way it is. You are denying that it's quite possible emotional traits are more predominant in one "breed" of people, when this conforms well to the reality of nature. But since the logic of nature is not enough to convince your United Nations view of the world, then there isn't much I can do.

Think whatever you want.

• Landy
    Landy
    Think whatever you want.

My wife and I went out for a meal with one of her work colleagues and her husband last week. They were both Muslim and from Iraq. She's a nurse and he works in IT. It's weird but all through the evening I never felt the need to berate their religion or tell them how much more likely to be criminals they were than us much more civilised whiteys.

When I walk down the street it and see a person with a different skin colour it's nice to smile and assume that they are just a normal person like me trying to make a living and enjoy life. Call me a tree hugger and naive - I'm absolutely fine with that given the alternative.

• Landy
    Landy
    I'm cherry picking the points to illustrate the basic idea that educational attainment and resource allocations change when the community is experiencing a large non-integrating immigration.

Is this the large non-integrating immigration that are integrating their kids into school?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Just to be clear I'm not personally suggesting race has anything to do with it - I don't have any statistics or info to inform me either way, I am absolutely saying that culture - of which religion can be a dominant part - is a key formative element of behaviour. I am seeing the existing dominant British culture (which in my neck of the woods was primarily Anglo-Saxon with a sprinkling of Indians and and some Sikhs about 20 years ago) changing with a huge demographic shift (remember the ~50% of kids in the school in 2013).

I know this is boring sh*t but it is important to illustrate that these are not random racist or bigoted statements from a white 'privileged' male. These are hard facts on the ground. From the local area reports from 2011 - (BME stands for Black and Minority Ethnic):

Arleston ward is located in the centre of the Borough to the south of the market town of Wellington.

The 2011 Census found a total ward population of 3,635, with some 23.2% of these residents from a BME background, more than twice the Borough rate of 10.6%. Deprivation within the ward is fairly high with the north west area in the 10-20% most deprived nationally and the south east in the 30-40% most deprived nationally. Deprivation is highest in the education skills and training domain. The proportion of households claiming housing or Council Tax benefits is higher than Borough wide, particularly for households with dependent children under 20 (16.2% compared to 10.3%). Almost a third (30.6%) of children in the ward are eligible for free school meals, the fifth highest ward rate in the Borough, higher than the average of 21.3%. A third (33.5%) of children in Arleston are living in poverty compared to 24.8% Borough wide and almost a quarter (22.3%) of households are living in fuel poverty, the third highest rate in the Borough (average 16.7%). Arleston accounts for 3.9% of all young people not in education training or employment across the Borough. Rates of people claiming job seekers allowance are similar to Borough wide. Educational attainment in Arleston is lower than across the Borough as a whole with attainment at Early Years Foundation Stage (22.6%) and Key Stage 1 (71.4%) amongst the lowest in the Borough. Rates of crime and antisocial behaviour (ASB) in Arleston are higher the Borough wide across all categories except for ASB – Malicious communication. Satisfaction levels in the ward are lower than Borough wide, in particular just over half of residents (53%) agree that their area is a place where people from different backgrounds get on well together compared to 75% across Telford and Wrekin.

CRIME AND ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR

Arleston (per 1000 pop) Rank (out of 33) Borough (per 1000 pop)

Total Crime 121.2 3 61.0

Burglaries 10.0 9 8.7

Other Acquisitive Crime 54.8 3 16.6

Criminal Damage 7.6 7 6.0

Vehicle Crimes 17.3 3 10.4

Violent Crime 21.2 4 13.4

Other Crime 10.3 4 5.8

Total Anti-Social Behaviour 121.2 2 64.0

• Simon
    Simon
    The fact is they commit criminal behaviour because they are a criminal - not because their skin happens to be dark.

Yes, which is what I said. But that doesn't mean that there can't be a correlation - one you yourself gave an example of.

They were both Muslim and from Iraq. She's a nurse and he works in IT. It's weird but all through the evening I never felt the need to berate their religion or tell them how much more likely to be criminals they were than us much more civilised whiteys.

Which of course would be wrong and rude and completely ridiculous - why would you be going for a meal with them if they were? I doubt the people working in IT and healthcare are typically the types to be pushing Sharia and gang raping young girls.

When I walk down the street it and see a person with a different skin colour it's nice to smile and assume that they are just a normal person like me trying to make a living and enjoy life.

Exactly. Everyone should do that. Black people should stop thinking every white person is a slave owner.

But the reality is you wouldn't walk down some streets in some places and smile at some people - you'd be running.

We can smile and have a good relationship with people in our society because it allows and promotes it. Some don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit