What did President Trump say about Sweden?

by kpop 236 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    And I'm sure there were popes of the same time period who did the same thing - the crucial difference being that Christians of today don't treat medieval popes as ultimate examples of humankind; Muslims treat Muhammad as the ultimate example, to be copied.

Also, that was the middle ages, also knows as the dark ages.

What people did was done because they wanted power and control. Not because the bible really taught all that, they got away with it because they lied about what was in it. The reformation was giving access to it to the people by printing it in their own language.

Islam is still in the middle ages, it's books and doctrines are a blueprint to perpetuate it and the comparison to Christianity or practically any other religion is simply made to try and deceive.

But even if the comparison was fair. So what? Then Christianity changed hundreds of years ago ... Islam hasn't changed in a millennium - is that supposed to somehow excuse it or make it better? How does pointing to another murderer or rapist excuse the one you already caught, especially if they died 500 years ago?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Islam is still in the middle ages - yes indeed, and this is the problem.

An argument could even be made that Al-Qaeda, ISIS, etc., represent a present-day Islamic reformation, back to the teachings and actions of the first generation of Muslims. A scary thought.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

cofty

The worse 28 countries in the world to be a women are all Muslim.

this may be worth coming back to once Trump has finished his first term eh?

• Simon
    Simon
    An argument could even be made that Al-Qaeda, ISIS, etc., represent a present-day Islamic reformation, back to the teachings and actions of the first generation of Muslims. A scary thought

I've seen talks by people far more knowledgeable about Islam than I am who suggest this is the Islamic reformation. It's produced a purer version closer to the original.

They also point out that while politicians like to claim that ISIS etc... are nothing to do with Islam, the reality is that they are faultless when it comes to their statements and publications when it comes to accuracy and whether they are "Islamic" or not.

There is no way to say ISIS isn't Islam because they [what?]

But there are lots of ways to say that "moderate" Muslims are not true adherents.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I've seen talks by people far more knowledgeable about Islam than I am who suggest this is the Islamic reformation - yes, I made that point because I vaguely remember reading about it by someone making that exact point, it might've been Douglas Murray.

Also consider the Arab Spring. Much was made of it at the time by Western politicians who naively assumed liberal, secular democracies were going to start popping up all across the Arab World - ridiculous!

I think only Tunisia stuck its toe in democratic water, so to speak.

In virtually every Arab country that had uprisings (i.e. were part of the Arab Spring), generic groups sprang up, promoting Sharia instead of humane, secular Western-style democracy. These groups are called 'Ansar al-Sharia' (supporters of Islamic law). Ansar al-Sharia in Libya, Ansar al-Sharia in Tunisia, etc.

It's very difficult in the West to talk about the dangers of Sharia because you invariably end up with f**kwits trying to draw equivalence between what Christianity did 500+ years ago and what Islam is currently doing today.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Islam is a terrible ideology... at the moment much worse than all the other ones. Some of these social justice groups are doing a disservice to muslims everywhere by not calling this out.

Even to the point of pretending the hijab is a sign of women empowerment..... how silly.

• Simon
    Simon
    Some of these social justice groups are doing a disservice to muslims everywhere by not calling this out.

Exactly, people will jump through all kind of mental hoops to avoid having to condemn one of the most oppressive and damaging ideologies ever to exist.

Here's a perfect example:

this may be worth coming back to once Trump has finished his first term eh?

Because for some reason, we can't condemn it now (?) and no doubt, when Trump is no longer president, there will be some new reason not to condemn it then.

But the same people will be out, wearing hijabs as though that is helping anyone instead of simply reinforcing support for their oppressors.

Any women who wears a hijab or burka and tells you it's her own choice and not because a man told her she has to is completely captive and controlled mentally. No different to JW kids telling people that *they* don't want to celebrate Christmas or Birthdays - completely indoctrinated and mentally controlled.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Simon I meant that the US may not offer as much freedom to women by the time he has finished as the Muslim majority nations in cofty,s link

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

It doesn´t matter if your skin is white or brown or black

It doesn´t matter if you are blond or black

It doesn´t matter if you are borne in Germany or Pakistan

It doesn´t matter if you speak only Swedish or Arabic

It doesn´t matter if you are an atheist or catholic

But it does matter, what your father and mother or teacher told you about right and wrong

But it does matter how greedy your mind is

But it does matter how your moral compass is oriented

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon I meant that the US may not offer as much freedom to women by the time he has finished as the Muslim majority nations in cofty,s link

I think that shows just how much lefty cool aid you've drunk and just how insane the left have become.

The only way the US would ever deny freedom and oppress women to the extent that the Muslim majority countries do would be if it became one of those Muslim majority countries.

Trying to suggest that anything Trump could do would be worse is pure BS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit