No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

If this is true ... the Annual Report is finished and it will be impossible for anyone (in or outside of the Organization) to track any of its markers. And it seems that someone in the GB has finally understood the Brotherhood's attitude towards witnessing and has made the call, thus covering up the fact that no one cares about it ... or wants to go.

In summery ... just another cover up.

• blondie
    blondie

Without hourly quotas, how will the elders/WTS know who is worthy of special privileges? Without counting time, the WTS will not have much to put in the annual report, if they do that any more. Many jws have been faking their time anyway. I wonder if they stop taking attendance? So what advantage is it nowadays to be a pioneer? I would ask there is nothing in the New Testament that disciples were required to count time, etc. Wow!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

More for the Kevin Class to grow within the ranks of the uber Jw's.

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

What will happen to mid week meetings

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I just looked on jw.org and the announcement is there on the 'News' tab. I don't see the video, though, but honestly I never look and jw.org and I don't know how they organize the videos.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo
    Dagney
    Oh to be a fly on the wall of some former friends…

Yep :)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

So, now that this news about No more Field Service hours reports is sinking in and the shock possibly wearing off - I wonder what the rank & file Witnesses are thinking?

I wonder about those older JWs who made sacrifices and pioneered their whole lives??? Instead, many have reached senior years unprepared financially for retirement!!!

Boy, if I had done this I would feel a sucker punch like somebody blew my insides out! I’m just so Glad now I never listened to this damn religion years ago!!!

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

thoughts I had on no longer counting time. Because of ex jw s , it has become more apparent to the world that time in being counted...I doubt this causes warm fuzzy feelings in the world. I have read of people complaining about the witnesses calling on them because they lived close to the hall just to start their time. In other words, it shows a certain lack of the love that is supposed to be the motive. It also reminds me of the hailstone message and the so called cessation of the preaching work. By only the pioneers counting time, will that put them on a higher pedistal that ever? All a JW would have to say to someone is Praise God and he can tick the "I witnessed" box. This is interesting. A lot will no longer show up for field service ( safe to say I wouldn't if I were still in ) I never did think counting of time was right anyway-but people don't know or have forgotten that it was the "Lord" who directed them to have pioneers, aux pioneers, and publishers and the hours back in the 1943.I have it somewhere in notes. Funny how they can change what the Lord directed. They won't have to print as much literature because if people aren't going out, they won't need publications to place-saves the WTBTS money....So will more Bethelites be lead to the door?

• was a new boy
  • was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Jehovah's Witnesses know what a uptrend and downtrend looks like. They don't like downtrends.
    From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained (1958) p 201

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit