No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Rattigan350: I'd rather see that they are real people than they are hardliners. No need to criticize for this.

Word has it that a number of the GB were nervous about giving their AGM parts/talks this past Saturday. Especially was this so for GB Kenneth Cook who was Chairman. Rumor has it that the following was some of the dialog at last Wednesday's GB weekly meeting leading up to the Annual Meeting on Saturday:

GB Kenneth Cook: "Brothers, before we bring this meeting to a close...I don't mind telling y'all how anxious I am about being Chairman at the Annual Meeting this Saturday!"

GB David Splane: "Why is that Ken?"

GB Kenneth Cook: "Because of all the 'elephants' in the room so to speak."

GB Stephen Lett: "What do you mean?"

GB Kenneth Cook: "Y'all have to admit...this has not been a very good year for us...and we still have 3 months to go...and who knows what 2024 will bring. We started out with loosing our Norwegian Charity Status & there's other countries considering doing the same thing. Then we get nailed by the Pennsylvania AG with a Statewide CSA investigation. Then the thing with Tony Morris happened. Then there's the huge number that are leaving the faith. Then there's all the CSA settlements we've secretly paid out this year alone. And of course...we hear how depression is getting worse and worse among all in Jehovah’s Organization. And, I must admit I'm still not sure about abolishing the publisher monthly hourly report. And the idea of saying that Pioneers are like modern-day Nazarites...all we're doing is throwing them a bone...trying to make them feel useful! I'm going to have to step out on that stage Saturday morning...face those in attendance & those on camera & pretend like everything is okay in Paradise."

GB Samuel Herd: "Ah, suck-it-up Ken!"

GB Gerrit Losch: "Yah...don't blow it for the rest of us!"

GB Jeffrey Jackson: "Do what the rest of us do...fake it with a fake smile. Maybe try to joke around with the audience...make them laugh...you'll settle into it. That's how we've all dealt with the 'Elephants' in the room before...with fake smiles, jokes, laughter & so on...you'll do fine...but like Bro. Loush says...Please don't blow it for the rest of us Bro. Cook!"

GB Mark Sanderson: "I'll be glad once this AGM is behind us...It's late...I'm hungary...I'll close with prayer so we can get out of here!"

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    It should be scriptural because they always warn against "going beyond what is written"."

I think they mean going beyond what they've written.

I agree with your point about introducing new procedures where necessary (for example, to cover something that never existed before) - an obvious example is procedures for using video and audio at the meetings. Such things never existed in Bible times, so there could hardly be instructions in scripture about it. Likewise with modern day banking and corporate laws.

But by using a Bible phrase known to mean "what is written in scripture", they imply that procedures and processes that the GB have introduced are of equal status to the Bible. That's like the idea that what is in the Watchtower and JW publications has the same spiritual weight as the Bible itself. That's a dangerous equivalence to make, and any Christian should be very careful about that.

When looking at what the org talks about, I always distinguish between "scriptural" (endorsed by the scriptures), "unscriptural" (against the scriptures) and what I call "non-scriptural" (not in the scriptures). Something "non-scriptural", is where the Bible neither endorses or condemns it, and even verses related to the subject do not give a clear indication one way or another.

There are lots of things where the GB has either made a specific rule, or has allowed, by a process of hints and inferences, an unspoken but broadly accepted "view" to develop in the congregations, even where the Bible does not say either way. Sometimes there are even localised "interpretations" in different regions (for example, the infamous cases of brothers being counselled for not having the 'right' colour shirt, tie, hairstyle, facial hair, etc). Some of these are fairly trivial, but others are more serious and have caused a lot of anxiety and even stumbled some.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Last leaked videos of the AGM and other early leaks have been edited by the time it’s released on JWbroadcast.

I remember some stupid things brother Heard used to say got edited by the time it was up for all to see.

I do wonder if the service desk is indeed monitoring all the apostate chatter on here and elsewhere then having meetings about things they never thought of before……..

we are helping them do their job, chopping and changing where the can.

it will be interesting comparing the leaked full AGM to what gets released on Broadcast to the 8 million JDubs.

I hope some of the good YouTubers do a comparison and then analyse which bits get edited and why🤣

• Terry
    Terry

THAT NEW LIGHT YOU WERE ASKING ABOUT

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NotFormer - It would probably be better for all parties if they did. The mental gymnastics of faking, fading and fence-sitting can't be good for mental health.”

Oh, for sure.

(not that the WT leadership gives a shit about the mental health of faders, fakers, and fence-sitters)

I imagine it’s somewhat like the Dursleys and Harry Potter.

They wanted him gone ‘cause they hated him, but at the same time, they wanted to keep him around so they could make his life miserable.

😏

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I imagine it’s somewhat like the Dursleys and Harry Potter.

They wanted him gone ‘cause they hated him, but at the same time, they wanted to keep him around so they could make his life miserable."

The drawback of "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" is... your enemies are close! Why would anyone want that??

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Have they removed the announcement from their official site???

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I just looked and it is not under 'News' as it had been previously. Maybe they removed it or maybe it is put in some obscure place difficult to find. In any event, there is an official announcement to be read at the next two meetings.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Thanks - I thought I was going mad.

• Gorb
    Gorb

They removed this breaking news, just like the AMG3 news... the news from today is gone tomorrow.

Gorby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit