Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Could this rumor from 14 days ago be related to this?

Maybe Tight Pants Tony was the one who accepted a blood transfusion. Maybe they dealt with it privately, but that it disqualified him as a member of the GB.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5144908181012480/can-this-rumor-true

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Maybe he's Ray Franz reincarnation. Or perhaps Bottlegate was just too much bad press for the Borg. I'm stating the obvious or repeating someone else. Probably.

But yeah, this is huge. Rarely happens.

• Alethia
    Alethia

Cheers to that! 🥃🥃🥃

• Riley
    Riley

I have always been kind of suspect of him being the " Road to Damascus " member. I really believe his entire motivation was to find an outlet in which he could be the biggest asshole he could be and mess with people lives.

I suspect he has finally got bored with it and started to screw with the borg.

Even if he did come out as an apostate, he would still make my skin crawl.

• AEnEm
    AEnEm

I'm always surpised at the number of JWs including family members who like AM3 and think he is "grandfatherly". Not a grandfather I would want. They also love his "straight talking". Weird.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow wow, double wow. I’ve not read the thread yet. Wow.

Was it drink?

When was the last time he appeared in a programme? Are sleuths already on the case?

At one time insiders would have given us the full story, but they are a bit thin on the ground these days, or is that just my perception? So I wonder if we’ll ever know the full story.

On no, here’s a thought, was he attracted to someone in tight pants. Say it ain’t so. 🤦‍♂️

• Gorb
    Gorb

@slimboy, if he retired because of health, they would thank him for his career.

The message in the newsroom of jw.org is like trowing him away.

G.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Very interesting development.

This raises a question I've had in mind ever since the Org went into 'televangelist' mode with their broadcasts and all those video parts in meetings: What happens to the talks and items given by a senior member (in this case GB, but could apply to any GB "helper" too) if they are 'disciplined' (or even worse, DFed)? Will they all have to be withdrawn/re-recorded?

The precedent for 'ordinary' Witnesses seems to be that their part gets removed (we've seen this with some contributions to songs and interviews, I believe) - but for a GB member who has been so prominent in conventions and broadcasts, that would be quite a feat to pull off! This is especially pertinent given the current GB have foolishly and presumptuously made themselves media 'stars' in the JW world.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Everything on JW.cult is digital. All they have to do is have their media content director hit the DELETE button on anything Anthony Moron da Turd was in. POOF. Gone. Up in smoke. Like he didn't even exist. Such is the power of the Ministry of Truth.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Two things come to mind.

Very terse statements about the removal of GB members have appeared three previous instances: Raymond Franz, Ewart Chitty, and Leo Greenlees. In no case was any explanation offered for their very different, as it turned out, reasons for departure. The closest to an explanation were Watchtower articles that appeared in the following months on apostasy, homosexuality, and abuse - a bit like the “marking” talks with no names, but you were expected to read between the lines.

So on that precedent we may expect no further explanation.

But the second thing that comes to mind is how completely differently ordinary JWs view the members of the GB these days, as leaders, as role models, almost as celebrities. So will they do anything differently about this departure than they have in the past?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit