Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

I can't wait for the Dubtown episode on this.

Time to get to work Kevin Mcfree.

RB.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I agree with everyone above, this is definitely a deletion. The terse message leaves no doubt. He either resigned under pressure or was removed.

Good point about the videos! I hope somebody is capturing all the AMIII videos now in case they disappear.

That reminds me, wasn’t he hectoring JWs to get back off Zoom and back to the Kingdom Hall only a few weeks ago? In that case this would appear to be SUDDEN!

• James Jack
    James Jack

They still call a Brother in the announcement, maybe just Reproved

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

I don't know if this has been mentioned here but Morris spoke in the GB Update number 8 which was released on 22 Dec 2022. That was just 2 months ago. So things have escalated rather fast...

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    All they have to do is have their media content director hit the DELETE button

Well, yes, technically that's all they have to do, but this is not the same as removing some minor bit part publisher from some corner of the world. JWs all over the planet have watched and listened (and in many cases, hung on) to the words of AM3 for years. They will not easily forget his existence, and are likely to be in "shock" about this for some time and puzzled about what's happened.

I agree with slimboyfat - most JWs think of the GB as celebrities (whether they admit it or not) who come right into their homes and halls. AM3's removal or resignation might be considered necessary according to JW 'law' but it is likely to cause consternation among the congregations. This is unprecedented, as the previous GB removals happened before the era of internet and global media. It's going to be hard for the GB to keep a lid on this one, and even more so if it's related to any ongoing legal issues.

Interesting times ahead...

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

I remember in a talk he said if people we're complaining about him, they should complain too Jesus about it. Like Jesus selected him as GB member so everything was legit. I bet many JWs have send letters to bethel about Morris "special" opinions about things and they wanted him removed from the GB. Anyways this is a sad news for the apostate movement. He was our biggest alliance. Before lett and Splane

• Alethia
    Alethia

If he’s only being reproved would that mean that his videos stay up?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If they wipe out his video history, that would crank the rumor mill into overdrive. It's an interesting dilemma. Ray Franz had a hand in writing a lot of the content in the Aid to Bible Understanding book. Others who were removed during that purge also helped write books and articles. None of that content was removed or recalled. Since the writer's names weren't on any of the content, I guess they felt safe in leaving it alone. That's not the case with Morris.

Now that I think of it, is there anything in Insight on the Scriptures that was copied from the Aid book? I wonder how much current information was written by those who were removed for apostasy in the 1980s.

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

There is no longer a "breaking news" link to the announcement on the "what is new" page; just the announcement in the newsroom, where no JW ever looks; seems they don't want that Joe Publisher easily reads the deletion announcement

LL

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Make of this what you will, a post over on the jw forum .....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit