Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

If they saying prayers for Tony’s family that’s like saying prayers for the faithful remaining ones

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Still too early to arrive at any conclusions. Even Ray Franz who actually was charged with apostasy and barely escaped being DFed at Bethel was given a payout of $10,000. I'd imagine that regardless of what happened with AMIII, they're going to want to keep him a JW if at all possible and taken care of either on or off Bethel premises.

If Tony writes a book or goes to the media, it's game over and they know it.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If any GB member could be counted on to do a drunken confessional livestream, it might be Tony Morris...

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

A prayer for Tony's family and not for Tony? Doesn't sound good ...

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Tony Morris departure is not accidental it coincides with the 2 NEW governing body members being brought in only last month. I believe Mark Sanderson who sees himself as the new Nathan Knorr is moving the strings behind the scenes. In the same way Nathan Knorr oversaw the massive changes after the embarrassing reign of Judge Rutherford so it is now. Mark Sanderdon wants to see off the old guard, Tony,Lett and Sam that are 3 embarrassing fools that have damaged the organisation the past 20 years with the mishandling of pedophilia cases and the demise of the religious to nothing more but a very toxic brand

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

This response to question from page 4 of this thread so it may have already been answered.

This is a notification that Raymond Victor Franz is no longer a member of the Governing Body and of the Brooklyn Bethel family as of May 22, 1980.Kingdom Ministry, Aug 1980, Announcements
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Hiddlesmisses AFRAID/SCURRED

Somebody watches Pinecreek

Ah Fatfreek2005 they didn't mention Antmo is no longer a Bethelite...

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

To me, all information so far pieced together, sounds like he was subjected to a Judicial Committee and reproofed, lost privileges, which included being booted from the GB, but not from Bethel. In the spirit of how the JWs interpret 2 Thessalonians 3:15, this fits.

Now, to subject a senior member of a GB to a JC may be seen as part of a purge, of course. It may well be the case of younger softliners getting rid of the embarrassing hardline oldtimers. Tony Morris' drinking habits may have been the perfect excuse. Who needs another judge Rutherford these days?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

We will have to watch very carefully in the next month or two where the admonition leads. We will have to read within the lines for catch words and phases that will tell us the real reason TightPants got the boot. I do believe the act is disciplinary.

I can't stand that man.

• Riley
    Riley

I hope he posts a video in a drunken stupor about how much he hates us all.

Oh god, I hope does.

I would laugh harder than watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail when I was 10 years old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit