Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Or perhaps they just agree with me.
    1 Cor 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Uncle punky You probably right. If it's true his daughter-in-law has raised the issue, given he's referred to as 'Brother' & no mention of his leaving Bethel, it could simply be his drinking has finally caught up with him and they've called 'time gentlemen please' on the boozingšŸŗšŸ·šŸø

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Make of this what you will, a post over on the jw forum .....

Everything in that thread has been moved to a "members only" location.

• Splash
    Splash

What happens when a megalomaniac loses their power? Weā€™ll soon find out.

Is he still anointed? Will he serve his penance back in one of the departments being overseen by his new masters, or is it out into the cold where the rest of the dogs are?

Is there a way back, much like an elder can be removed but later serve again?

Kant seems appropriate, ā€œIf man makes himself a worm he must not complain when he is trodden on.ā€

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Thanks to all who provided the written announcement record about Ray Franz. Shows how memories fail after many decades. I knew I had read it, but could not remember exactly where. Thanks again!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Oh the show is just starting... they just give it to you in pieces so to not disturb the flock.. They didnt licked his boots so that tells you a lot.

so if he had been a liltle naughty they gonna keep going after him.. jehovah's elder style.

Also he must be humilliated specially since he thought so high of himself and so low of the rest...

guess what happens to an alcoholic who gets depressed?

• careful
    careful

The prayer for his family may indicate that he's on death's doorstep. Thus he may have requested he be relieved of duties in order to be with them his final days. Perhaps the GB does not want to appear too hypocritical -- remember how they said certain elders should not serve in certain positions if they were too old and frail. Who knows? We'll have to see what shakes out here.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I just read Antmos bio on JWdotOrg. I'll get roasted for this but I was actually pretty moved by the stuff about Vietnam. Maybe because I've cared for a lot of dying people, young and old, but the piece about not letting the young, mortally wounded soldiers see it in his eyes that they were going to die when they ask him....šŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗšŸ˜„jeeze, no wonder he drinks. I get it Toni.

• Biahi
    Biahi

This is mere speculationā€¦it has been implied that a 10th arrest is about to happen regarding the PA CSA investigation. Maybe he is number 10? If not, maybe he was caught with a closet full of tight pants. Either way, itā€™s hard to feel sorry for such a huge douchebag. Unless he shows up here, or on YouTube, to ā€œtell allā€.

• Yomama
    Yomama

now I can wear my pants.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

If you know WTC - and most of us here do indeed, the first explanation is almost always a lie. it's second nature to them.

So I am suspicious about why he is no longer serving on the GB. True, they have not offered an official explanation, but the leaked info about the drunkeness at parties - certainly sounds like the truth, but I doubt it is why he was asked to resign or removed from the GB. Some of us here have seen GB after too many drinks. They didn't get removed for it.

I suspect that this is a Red Herring to deflect from the PA investigation which likely involves him in some way. He is not a pedo but his relationship with Ted Jaracz put him in the crosshairs for being called out as an enforcer - a shielder of pedophiles - a bully toward victims.

The timing is just darn suspicious.

Also, the investigation will focus up to 2019. Why? Is it because, as I have heard, that a copy of the abuse database(s) was leaked to the PA AG in the not too distant past - stolen around 2019 so that is where the records ended? That would explain a lot. Let's say Tony's name was flagged. I can easily imagine Warwick deciding that being a drunk was a sufficient cover story (and believable as well) so they hung it around his neck and let it slip that his family was upset over his drunkeness. That will work for a lot of PIMIs better than hearing later that a GB member was arrested for shielding pedos. It might still come out but most indoctrinated JW's will say "His judgement was poor because he was a drunk which came from the atrocities he experienced in Vietnam".

Already that sounds like a softer landing even to me.

As for the other new GB member, he may be a future replacement for someone in particular, OR maybe just a backup when Loesch, Herd or Lett are no longer able to beat people like they did in their prime.

Whatever the case, Bethel is not a place where secrets are kept for long. The narrative story eventually gets replaced by loose lips telling the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit