Can this rumor be TRUE?

by Debra Ann Romano 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Debra Ann Romano
    Debra Ann Romano

Rumor has it there is “new light” (gag!) regarding blood and organ transplants since a recent royal member on the WTS board found reason to ok one for himself! I mean this shit is so far removed from my life now, but hearing something so outrageous, that once cost people close to me their lives, is too unsettling to not want to know.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Organ transplants have been ok since the 80s and blood fractions are now acceptable, again for some time. How long have you been out/away for?

Other than that I don't know if there's been some new change? I do know the slimey slitherer's have deemed it a "conscience matter"(by which they mean: you take blood and you automatically disassociate yourself, to avoid legal backlash for Watchtower). Unless of course you live in Bulgaria, in which case when it comes to JW's taking blood....knock yourselves out!!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    a recent royal member on the WTS board

This is definitely not JW terminology. Are you referring to a Governing Body member?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"This is definitely not JW terminology. Are you referring to a Governing Body member?"

Sounds like he's referring to the WTS Board of directors. What has been suggested as the 'puppet masters' to the GB. The GB are the puppets that the Board of directors actually control. I've hear Mike on the Kim Mikey youtube channel refer to them as 'such'.

Or, one of the GB members actually may have been involved in a procedure involving blood, and required blood and he took a transfusion. Only when something directly involves the GB or someone of that status the Borg may alter directives to protect their own behinds,

• Debra Ann Romano
    Debra Ann Romano

Yikes: Yes, I have been away for a very long time! In fact, it was only by accident I rediscovered this forum when an old post of mine popped up on google while researching my childhood home on Staten Island. There was a response from someone who evidently knew my family, but I failed to connect. This transplant acceptance blew me and my lifelong friend away!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Debra Ann I saw your old post and I'm so sorry about your Dad. Were you still young?😢

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I remember that back in November 2022 when I was in the hospital due to massive blood loss two JW elders (whom I had contacted) told me that it is my choice as to whether I accept a blood transfusion or not. Their wording was "it is your choice" or "it is your decision". I was stunned that they said that. I accepted the transfusions but I never told them I accepted them. I did tell them I recovered after medical treatment. My sister told me that one of the two elders said I made the right choice. Maybe the fact that such was said indicated the governing body had already changed their view and told JW elders that? Supposedly the WT had changed their view many years ago about something else (organ transplants or alternative service?) and informed elders of such, before the WT told the new view in WT publications to the rest of JWs.

• Debra Ann Romano
    Debra Ann Romano

Diogensister: Don’t feel sad-he was a violent alcoholic maniac behind closed doors but a savior to the deaf community and others in the Eltingville Staten Island congregation. I was 31 well removed from any residual influence. My only hurt was that my mother who idolized him, never fully recovered from the trauma.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

I'm finding a little hard to think that a change in the Blood doctrine has occurred. Most elders will say that taking one is 'your decision' (because of the potential litigation issues involved) but it will mean you're automatic disassociation.

That's unless someone have a little more detail to add to this rumor.

• Gorb
    Gorb

All legal departement stuff.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit