Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    I think his 1st name was Ewart rather than Edward

Correct, my bad. Ewart C. Chitty is the name.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Looking for the WT that announced Ray Franz no longer governing body member. I remember reading it, but that was so very long ago. Anyone perhaps have that information?

Awake!, May 22, 1980

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Edward Chitty (Resigned from the GB in 1979, Homosexualism)
    Leo Greenlees (Resigned from the GB in 1984, Homosexualism and Child Molestation)
    Raymond Franz (Resigned in 1979, Apostasy).

This is true and very telling.... most end up dying, sickly and senile. Interesting to see what the rumor mill will start to say.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Ray's announcement had him as his nme whilst ATM3 is still called "Brother" and nothing about him not being a bethel family member.

Comment image

• EdenOne
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Ray's announcement had him as his nme whilst ATM3 is still called "Brother" and nothing about him not being a bethel family member.

Maybe they've learned SOMETHING from the aftermath of 1980?

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

Thanks Eden1

so Leo K. Greenlees was on the committee who decided to remove Chitty from the GB, both obviously gay and this all happened not too far apart from Franz.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Also keep in mind that GB members don’t just up and resign – they have to be forced out

I know this is speculation but it tracks. So we can assume that this was at least a possibility in the case of AM3. That was from Eden1's link to AllanF's old thread btw

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Hopefully a reputable bethel insider will leak what's really going on.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Since only the GB is FDS, he is no longer FDS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit