Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Simples....

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I find these very terse announcements very strange. No mention of something like 'we thank brother Morris for all his hard work over the years and appreciate the input he has had to the GB.'

It's akin to the short of announcement made when they disfellowship someone, 'brother/sister so-and-so is no longer one of JWs'.

They are either totally ungrateful or something is amiss.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Whoa Nelly! Second time I’ve said that his week.

Naturally no reason is given, but the timing with the developments in Pennsylvania is certainly interesting.

This sort of thing just doesn’t happen. Certainly wouldn’t be a health issue - they kept Barber, Gangas etc. on the GB long past when they were mentally incapable of doing much more than keeping their eyelids open.

The last time a “no longer serving” announcement was made was in 1981, for Ray Franz. AMIII is almost certainly not an “apostate”, he doesn’t seem to have the intelligence or character to make a principled stand.

The terseness of the announcement makes me think it is disciplinary. And if so, it’s something far worse than “being caught on video buying $800 worth of scotch” since that happened many years ago and the video has been freely available since then.

I keep coming back to the Pennsylvania CSA thing. Can’t say for sure that’s it but boy it sure would explain things.

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

Good point that two new brothers were just appointed and Tony hasn’t been on broadcasting for a little while

the last time I remember him doing anything was the AGM but that was filmed a long time ago even if it’s only just being released recently

So many changes and shocking changes at that

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

All the details may come out some time later ...

Announcement

On Wednesday, February 22, 2023 it was announced at World Headquarters that Brother Anthony Morris III is no longer serving as a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Any posting on the reasons ''Anthony Morris III is no longer a member of the Governing Body'' is pure speculation. Unless he writes a book like Ray Franz, we will never know. He is a senile, smug old man who loves the idea of all apostates dying at Armageddon :

https://youtu.be/NkPBOSCa7lg

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving guy.

Wait, Top-Shelf Tony was on Team Jaracz???

Fuck, I didn’t know that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ten bucks says that if he’d testified on the witness stand, he’d make the Org look even more unhinged than it already does. 😁

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    FFGhost - “…the timing with the developments in Pennsylvania is certainly interesting…”

I’m not a big believer in coincidence.

Remember, folks, the WTS is reactive (not proactive).

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

Was Jarerz really involved in peophillia?

is there any proof of that?

did Franz know about this? If he did why did he not mention it?

• Riley
    Riley

He is the Marjorie Taylor Greene of governing body members.

I bet his motion that every JW was to start wearing hammer pants didn't pass for the first vote so he quit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit