Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I will miss Tight Pants Tony. Whenever the case needed to be made that the GB were out of touch, you could count on Tony to say something stupid, insulting and off target.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Just thinking more about this announcement….

While they ostensibly give counsel against gossip in JW publications and talks, those at Bethel know how quick and pervasive it is. What’s the old joke - “what’s the progression of the quickest way to spread news? First the telegraph, then telephone, then television, then tell-a-Bethelite”.

They know - absolutely 100% without doubt know - that anyone older than 50 will remember the Ray Franz situation, and “everyone” knows Ray was a <gasp> apostate., and the identical thing has happened to Morris, and do you suppose he’s an apostate too?….will be the thought process.

They KNOW this will happen, they could have prevented it with even a slightly softer wording but they chose not to.

The more I think about it…he got caught doing something really bad and they can’t, or don’t want to, stop the gossip and assumptions that are sure to come.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Fellow forum members...get used to Breaking News Announcements from here on in since the Pennsylvania announcement of the statewide involvement and investigation of JW Elders in connection with CSA cases! The deletion of Governing Body member Anthony Morris III is no coincidence. The WTBTS is on very, very shaky ground...Yay!

Nearly 8.5 Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide will have heard this announcement by day's end...imagine the amount of JW rank & file who will be doing their own Google searches...inquiring minds like to seek their own answers!

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Is he still a member of the Bethel family?

Is his son?

War is hell.

'In war, people do terrible things. I was no exception.

Jehovah looks at me through the blood of Jesus, and He has forgiven me for what I have done.

That love for Jehovah has helped me to deal with painful wartime memories and many other trials.—Isa. 65:17.'

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

What is annoying is that they often don’t talk about the elephant in the room

hope it will go away

then give lots of local needs about not speculating and not even gossiping

just forget about it all🤣

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I wonder, and this is lil ole me speculating ...

If Tony Morris was the main mentor of the disastrous worldwide legal strategy that kept WT in denial of CSA and now it has really blown in their hands with the Pennsylvania investigation ... perhaps the "softliners" in the GB forced him out?

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

f this is true (and not clickbait), WT is trying to make themselves look SQUEAKY CLEAN. (Plus, since ANTMO is on The Bottle constantly, the Heinous Hierarchy--with those Shiesty-Shady Shareholders--are AFRAID/SCURRED that he will VERBALLY VOMIT any secrets to the membership plus the public! Just My Observation!) 👏🏻

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Also, it's worth noting that, since its inception in 1977, only 3 members of the Governing Body were deleted, rather than deceased, and all of them for disciplinary reasons:

Edward Chitty (Resigned from the GB in 1979, Homosexualism)

Leo Greenlees (Resigned from the GB in 1984, Homosexualism and Child Molestation)

Raymond Franz (Resigned in 1979, Apostasy).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Ilubrevlis

There were some rumblings a while back about CSA plaintiff lawyers claiming to have compelling evidence about Jaracz (internal WT documents of some sort).

I think it may have even been Barb Anderson who alerted us.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

And this is surprising, especially since ANTMO was the main GBer who spewed out MEAN-SPIRITED RHETORIC time and time again about: Tight Pants, Young Sisters Not To Marry Young Brothers Who Are Not MSs By Age 23, No Drivers' Licenses For Young People If They Are Not Getting Baptized, Better To Tour WT Facilities For Personal Vacations Instead Of Going To Theme Parks (He mentioned DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD on the sly😡), Burnt Dogs At The Big A, COVID 19 Is Here: "That Doesn't Bother Me, I Was Waiting For This", and OH SO MUCH DAMINING MORE! Perhaps WT, a DOOMSDAY organization that is trying to CLEAN UP their act PUBLIC RELATIONS-wise, doesn't want him to be one of the faces of this cultporation any longer. That could be one of the reasons why the 2 newbie-GBers were selected to be added to this "leadership". 🤨😒 As always and again: MY. PERSONAL OBSERVATION! 👆☝🏽

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit