Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The way I like to see things, the human weakness and sinful inclinations ( I don’t mean outright perverse ) of a man are room enough for mercy. But being crafty and shady and insidious and calculating is what challenges a man’s esteem and trustworthiness.

If a public official for example is caught drunk, sexual misconduct, p&&ing on the sidewalk or acting outside the bounds of law to HELP someone: nobody is perfect. But insidious conduct that causes HARM under the cloth of law, is unforgivable. I suppose the mercy part doesn’t apply to GB because the wrong conduct reflects on everybody else. Bu what would Jesus do?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

We always check in here when JW "change" is in the air. Surprised to see the official JW site made the announcement immediately. Smart move to keep the rank and file off these "alternative" sites.

Today's announcement and some of these threads, especially the old resurrected older ones, gave me a chuckle and brought back some mid-70s memories of Bethel.

I was born into a three-generation San Francisco JW family. Members of our family had been in and out of Gilead, branch offices, traveling work, and NYC Bethel since the 1940s. I had heard many, many juicy Bethel stories from family members. My local congregation had always had a number of "NPGs" (Non-practicing gay) members, and I had grown up accepting that this was normal even though I was, and still am hetero.

As a kid I attended trade school, pioneered, and went to Bethel. When I arrived at Bethel I WAS surprised at just HOW MANY MORE NPGs were part of the Bethel family compared to even San Francisco. It was obvious to me, despite some having married clueless JW women as "beards". VP GB Fred Franz's use of the Sauna with young Bethelites "For Bible discussions" was weird.... even for me.

I had one funny memory of GB Member "Chitty-Chitty-bang bang" one sunny afternoon on the rooftop gym of the Squib Building during a late lunch break. Chitty was the only person up there, the old dude was wearing a TINY little "Speedo" swimsuit (very unusual gym attire- I.M.O. :) lol He asked me where I was from. I answered my work department..he replied "no what city?" When I answered "San Francisco" - I could have sworn stars were in his eyes and the "look of love" was playing in the background. He quickly whipped out a bottle of suntan oil and asked me to rub it on his bum. I declined and said I had to go.

When I got back to work I mentioned the incident and the guys all laughed. The department head in disbelief shot up there and came back very disturbed and announced Chitty was tanning his ass.

Hearing of GB member Bang-Bang being asked to leave Bethel all hush -hush did not surprise me. GB Tight pants Tony is only one of a long list. I guess the Holy Spirit is confused as to who to appoint.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

We can end all the speculation right now. Anthony Morris III signed a book deal with Penguin Books. Anthony had 1 million dollar advance.$$$$$ Jealousy and infighting caused his demise!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Vidiot I’m not a big believer in coincidence

Not when it comes to the Watchtower...

V Remember, folks, the WTS is reactive (not proactive).

Never a truer word spoken.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Ewart Chitty had "homosexual tendencies" and he was forced to resign. Ray Franz writes about him briefly in his first book. He continued as a Bethelite until he died.

Franz didn't say much, other than he was asked to resign by the GB.

It was Penton's book that pointed to "homosexual tendencies" with regards to Chitty.

Hayden Covington also resigned from what was effectively a three man GB with Knorr and Franz. But as far as the modern GB goes, only three were asked to resign. Now there's four. Morris would be a first if it were a voluntary resignation or simply a transfer within Bethel due to old age.

Very curious to see if he remains at Bethel and where he does end up. Chitty and Greenlees were offered other positions outside Bethel. Even Franz was offered the Special Pioneer stipend.

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

From Crisis of Conscience, 4th edition:

Page 163: By now, Ewart Chitty was no longer a member of the Body, having submitted his resignation in accord with the Governing Body’s wishes.

Page 323: The only explanation I can think of is that, about a year before the inquisition tactics began, an organizational member in a position of considerable responsibility had been accused of homosexual tendencies.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Yes Notsurewheretogo that "view" was changed 2013.
    “Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?” — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

I stand corrected, after 10 years out I forgot this. The anointed are everywhere round the world and the GB are anointed but the FDS are the GB.

Carry on!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

The GB become the fds when meeting together to discuss beliefs and doctrine. So in wt theory he is no longer part of the fds but is still of the anointed

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "A reliable source in Bethel told me one of his daughter in laws accused him of getting drunk in family gatherings. His 2 sons also serve in Bethel one even is a member of the U.S. branch committee.
    His 2 sons are being investigated by the branch for covering up daddy's addiction.
    There's a probability that his oldest son might also be removed from the branch committee."

I imagine it's gotta be more than getting drunk. They would generally cover up such a minor thing for anyone Elder and Up. But who knows? There may be a need for changes, and Tony went off-script all the time with his "tight pants" talks and other stuff about killing apostates. Just because Jehovah is spirit-guiding you, it doesn't mean you can go beyond what is written in Watchtower.

If it's just health reasons or something similar, Watchtower might want to see who speculates and who leaks any truths before they are announced.
  • careful
    careful
    Hopefully a reputable bethel insider will leak what's really going on.

Spot on, nowwhat?!!

RULES & REGULATIONS, that's a chip off the old block of OUTLAW here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit