Please forgive me.....I didn't mean to

by Tatiana 108 Replies latest jw friends

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Well, April....I, for one, was very grateful to have received a valentine card considering the fact that I won't be getting diddly squat. It's a very strange experience for me, as I wasn't raised in the borg. The past 2-3 valentines days (since we were in and now just my husband is in) have been spent staring enviously at car passing with loads of balloons, hearing my sister talk about the romantic dinner she and her husband shared and their little one-night retreat to a cheap motel and seeing people receive roses, candy....grrrr. It just pisses me off!! Why should I have to do without? This is crap.

Ooops, sorry...didn't mean to start venting there

Anyhow, it was very sweet and thoughtful and it really did make my day. I was so shocked that someone sent me something.....I'm really sorry that anyone is giving you flack for it.

Fortunately, my kids will be celebrating V-day at school (much to the emphatic disapproval of hub...but tough shit for him) and they have already given me the precious little crafty gifts that they make at school. I will hang them (and I may even print out the card you sent me too) on my refrigerator as a reminder to my husband (and to myself) how lucky I am to be able to have the freedom to accept such beautiful presents from the kids.

Thanks again and (((((hugs)))))!!!!

Sadie

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((April))))))

I loved my card! Thank you so much for thinking of me! You do have a heart of gold and anyone that is anyone on this board knows you or at least knows your reputation of being a sweety. I can believe some stupid ninny would be that jealous, especially if she's a part of this board. You know the husband is slinking off somewhere embarrassed as all get out.

Andi

PS: Thank God I'm Billygoat and not Nannygoat!

• caligirl
    caligirl

April, Thanks so much for the card! What a sweet thing to do for everyone! Don't let one person's bitterness and insecurity stop you from being the kind, thoughtful individual that you obviously are.

Maybe the bitter one has a locked email, or you had not gotten to them yet, but it was she who is out of line for blasting you for a kind gesture, not you for sending nice messages to everyone.

Edited by - caligirl on 13 February 2003 21:28:3

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Please do not let the ugliness of others throw you into a shame spiral. This is something I know a little something about, having just come out of one myself. It's easy to do I know. Center yourself in this: you were reaching out to people with love and affection; nothing more. If someone returns that affection with negativity that says more about them than you.

There are a lot of ugly people in this world with some bad ass personalities. They are miserable human beings who only want to make anyone they come in contact with as miserable as they are. Please don't let that ugliness overwhelm you. You are an important person, with feelings and motives far superior to theirs. Just know that there are a lot of people here, and elsewhere that care about you and how you are feeling. Attach yourself to the people that care, rather than those that do not care.

Edited by - big tex on 13 February 2003 21:49:40

• Xena
    Xena

I

THANK YOU APRIL

Edited by - Xena on 14 February 2003 0:55:53

Edited by - Xena on 14 February 2003 23:29:53

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey there Tatiana: HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to you!

Rayzorblade waits for a cupid bow from Tatiana....

Looks like anyone who received an on-line Valentines Day greeting from you, enjoyed it immensely.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Snif Snif... now she will not get to the letter X.

All b/c some crabby jealous woman. Goodness, sheesh already. One word of advice, if you are that posessive then something is wrong! If you don't have trust in your relationship then seek COUNSELING immediately!!!!!

If you feel the green envy feeling come creeping on you. Stop and ask yourself, who does your husband come home to every night ? If you feel he / she is being unfaithful then you need to confront your spouse.

The foundations of a good relationship is Communication, Trust, Honesty. Any violations of these boundaries are flags. Not communicating clearly, breech of trust.etc is an issue between the couple. An should be addressed in the relationship. Not someone who is just being friendly and nice, and accidentally breeched a sore issue apparently.

X

Edited by - xandria on 14 February 2003 1:10:47

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Xandria....I skipped to "X" just for you! :)

First of all I want to thank all of you for making me feel better. I was truly feeling terrible about all this. As of tonight I still haven't heard anything else from this person. Valis.....I really could not figure out WHO it was. (I didn't think it could be a "friend") There was a name on the email, but I didn't recognize it. It's been bothering me all day because I thought that if it was someone here like she stated, she'd see this thread and know that it was just a friendly Valentine card. Then the husband wouldn't be in trouble and maybe she'd post an apology or something.

But...nothing.....

So, I started investigating a little. And I found out who it was. (This will remain with me.) But, I will say that I am very surprised. In shock, really. Because from what I've read of her posts....(I've been in Members reading for a while), she is very sweet and kind. I'm surprised because she's been on this board for a while. I'm kind of hurt that she would think this of me. But, this is the net and strange things happen here, as we've ALL seen lately.

So, I will apologize from the bottom of my heart...????wife>>>.....if I caused you or your husband any problems. Please forgive an innocent lapse of good judgement. I'm very sorry. I wish nothing but the best for both of you.

Love....

April

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((((April)))))

Thank you for the card you sent to Simon and me, its a very kind thought.

• david_10
    david_10

Thank you, Tatiana. I see that my name (david_521) is on your list, and I look forward to receiving the greeting. I think that your gesture is one of the nicest thatI have ever heard about. If some seem to get a little stuffy about it, don't give it a second thought. Thanks again.

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit