Please forgive me.....I didn't mean to

by Tatiana 108 Replies latest jw friends

• worldly girl
    worldly girl

Ashtika: I have dropped it. HOWEVER, I do not bow to people when they put pressure on me to admit some "wrong" that they believe I've committed. Obviously we don't agree on this issue. I'll agree to disagree.... Can you? If so, DO NOT post anything to my attention again, and ignore ANY of my future posts.... Can you handle that?

By the way, thanks for making my point for me....

"if we knew it was Tink, we wouldn't have said squat."

Was that the judgemental side of everyone coming out? Just a thought to ponder.....

WG

• ashitaka
  • Tatiana
    Tatiana

CC said........

....I guess it's time I said something. I've been dealing with losing my job last week and trying to help Tink with the suicide of her friend a few weeks ago. To say the least it's been a bad Feb

First, I want to say that the reason I'm writing this is because it's still bothering me. Why? I guess it's that I still feel that Tink and WG think I did something wrong. I hate feeling that way. Especially when I know I didn't. And I don't feel like I disrespected anyone, as WG said I did. I also feel that being under stress shouldn't excuse the email I got. I will say that I am sometimes overly sensitive. Sometimes that's not a good thing.

If anyone here has read my posts, then you now that I, too, have been under a lot of stress for the past year. I lost my job (bankruptcy), my savings went, then it was either my car or apartment. I have two young boys also. And I am alone. I have a daughter, but she is struggling too. She has kids of her own and is alone also. Two of my sons got laid off from their jobs. So, with things the way they've been, I have been forced to get Food Stamps to feed my boys. Something I really hate and swore I would never do. I was working part time, but that was not enough to support me and the kids. I had to move in with my daughter. And now, I babysit and get paid by the state. I don't make half of what I made before. I have resumes everywhere. I even passed the exam for a city job, right before our mayor put a hiring freeze on them.

I came so close to suicide that I took myself to a hospital and stayed for 8 hours. With acute clinical depression, I'm seeing a doctor each week. So, I can identify with some of what CC and Tink are going through. I understand and sympathize with CC about the job. And I certainly can sympathize with Tink about her friend. Although I was on the "other end".

What I can't understand is why Tink reacted like she did. Stress just doesn't make sense to me. Because even after the first email I recieved from her, which brought me close to tears, I could have lashed out, been really nasty, and told her off. After all, I didn't even know who the hell she was. And after all, I've been under way too much stress lately. But my reply was polite....and apologetic.

To (name omitted)'s wife.....
    > >I am sorry if this seemed inappropriate to you.
    > But, I am on a religious
    > >board with him. I decided to send EVERYONE a nice
    > card, not just your
    > >husband. I only know him from the board.
    > >
    >
    >http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=46585&site=3
    > >
    > >It seems in doing something I thought was kind, I
    > offended you. I apologize
    > >for any misunderstanding.
    > >
    > >April
    I also don't think something like that should be discussed on a public forum, it should have stayed private.

CC....I waited, and waited, and waited...after my last email practically begging your wife to read the link. I was very nice. I didn't fly off the handle. I got no response. I posted the email with NO NAMES. And I wouldn't have told anyone who you were. Because at the time I posted the email, I still didn't know who your wife was. If I'd wanted to make it publc, I would have posted the emails as is. Because I was sure if I'd posted "who" I sent the card to, many here would have known who it was. The fact is, that I got ANOTHER email from Tink. After she told us who she was. Not a nice one. And I didn't post that one. But I did block the address. I opened it expecting an apology, but it was far from it. I don't need to read about how "pathetic" I am.

Lone Wolf said...

That's why I always try to go to an apparently offending party and ask them first before reacting. It's saved a tremendous amount of heartache on both sides.

This would have solved the entire thing. Had Tink emailed me and simply asked who I was...why I sent the card....and gotten the "whole story" (as WG keeps saying)..then this would have been a beautiful Valentine's Day thread. It's what I would have done.

worldly girl.....

My friend (Tink) has been through HELL in the last few months and it upset her to feel disrespected by someone on this board. There are a lot of things in this world that money can buy, but RESPECT is not one of them. Thanks to JW's everywhere I have learned that if you don't defend yourself and speak your mind, whether the majority agrees or not, SOMEONE else will do the thinking for you....

And I have been through hell in the last year. But I refuse to let that make me talk to people the way she talked to me, and which is why I'm speaking my mind now. I DID NOT disrespect ANYONE. And I resent being made to feel as if I did.

WG.....said...

Furthermore, I feel like a lot of people on this board tend to take sides BEFORE they get the whole story.... reminds me why I got sick of coming to this board and hearing all the arguing and bickering between people who come here who have a common thread..... I'm sure what happened between Tink and Tatiana, could have been resolved without all the name calling and bickering,

What happened between Tink and I could have been resolved with a simple, friendly email. Something along the lines of..."Hi, I'm CC's wife. Who are you? Did you know he was married? We appreciate the card, but in the future we'd rather you not send anything....thanks...Tink."

And some people here did just as Tink did. She jumped to conclusions before she got THE WHOLE STORY.(WG's words) So, I don't think apologies are even necessary. And if it HADN'T been Tink who sent the emails, but someone on this board that most people don't get along with...(say FredHall???)...well, I think things would have been much different.

I'm not perfect...God knows...so far from it. But, being stressed shouldn't make you hurt people. And I was hurt. And if a simple email would have been sent, instead of the one I got, things would have been much different. I told myself I would never send out any cards again. Even though most were appreciated. I told myself that I'm too damned sensitive. But I can't change that, no matter how hard I try. But, I'm not going to let this stop me from being nice to people. I refuse to.

As WG said.....

I do not bow to people when they put pressure on me to admit some "wrong" that they believe I've committed.

I refuse to let you make me feel like I did something wrong. I didn't. Stress or no stress, I should have never gotten those emails. BTW....she got a card too...

Love...

April

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

... of course, I'm just Six, I can't actually force anyone to just fucking let things go. But god (mhrip) knows I've spent the last couple of years advocating that at some point, on boards such as these, in discussions such as these, it makes sense to just fucking let things go.

Factually, that point was several pages ago.

• waiting
    waiting

what's "(mhrip) '?

• Xena
    Xena

GEEZ Waiting..can you just f**king let it GO

*cough* uuumm Six..What does it mean????

uumm BTW Waiting..I was joking..but you knew that..right????

Ok sorry Tat....uummmm I will go now...

• animal
    animal

MHRIP = May He Rest In Peace

Animal

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

......AND TO MAKE IT WORSE....
    I'VE ONLY HAD SEX ONCE IN FOUR 
    F**CKING YEARS....AND IT WASN'T
    THAT GOOD EITHER!!!!!
    HOW'S THAT FOR STRESS????????
    DAMN....GIVE ME A F**CKING BREAK!!
    OK...I'm done now...help Xena...call me...:)
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

*cuts off left hand, sends to Tatiana*

I've gotten good use, and nice comments about this hand, but you need it more than me, take care of it (and yourself for god's sake!).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit