WTS leader rants against higher education

by hoser 125 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As it turns out, education is the answer to EVERYTHING. 

Young women get educated and not pregnant in their teen years.

People get educated and avoid AIDS.

The standard of living goes up where the education level goes up.

People do less damage to nature when educated. 

We leave cults when educated. 

Of course Tony is against it.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

To Anthony Morris education is a four letter word. He hates it with his entire being he even made sure his kids didn't go, and money is not the issue because he came from a wealthy family, he just plain hates it.

I think deep down he knows educated people don't believe his bull shite because they want facts and don't rely on anecdotal stories told from a biased leaning uneducated moron who thinks he's God'd right hand man who must be obeyed or else parish. So now that he has his hands on the reins of power he is going to put down education as a tool of Satan to deceive everybody away from the Corporation's grasp.

Can you picture the hard time Anthony Morris would have if half his audience was college educated, his dumb crap would have them rolling on the floor with laughter. People who have stopped learning might think AM3 got something important to say, and those that value a good education think he's nuts eventaully.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

So now they actually promote certain careers.

At least the lawyer recommended a two year education

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Okay, I kinda watched the video mess. I left bethel about 10 years ago... but all these guys look about 20 years older! I'm assuming they dolled them up to look good for the camera, but they look tired and sad. And it looks to me like Tony has put on a lot of weight.

The drama of the squabbling sisters is very slow, and superficial. That was one empty KH. 20 dubs in a hall for 100?

Watching this, the WT org really needs to be afraid of "higher education." The material and delivery is so old, tired, monotone, and non-engaging, they make my most boring university classes look like a party.

Keep the kids dependent and stupid, maybe that will keep them enslaved to the cult. Struggling to make ends meet at a low-paying job will leave them with little time and energy to really stop and think.

• Kanon
    Kanon

Can you easily work a trade in the States and work part time?

I work in the trades and it does pay very well, but there is no part time, long overtime hours a lot of work on Saturdays. Most brothers I knew who also worked in the trades were all full time workers. Not Pioneering. Many did kill themselves working Mon - Fri, then would do hall builds on the weekend.

Joke is most of them were looked down on for spending time at hall builds and not service on the weekend.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I sure hope these little friendly chats with the GB continues, it ought to be hilarious as each of these guys go on and on in their asinine rants.

Give us more more more! You guys on the Governing Body are a hoot, show us where Satan is hiding, we already know from AM3 he's in the college dorm.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Tony Morris' verbal attack on higher learning reminds me of the expression directed toward those who find fault wih law enforcment: 

'The next time you need help-don't call the police!'

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Morris thinks that higher education is a culpable blight onto humanity.

A human folly with no appreciative return or benefit.  

Of course this is coming from a man who never had any higher education.  

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

For all of us out there who go to universities where the local JWs have set up their "tables," this video is the perfect thing to foward on to the university administrators in charge of tabling activities. 

I'm not sure that JWs are still doing tables at my uni (they were all over the place last spring, but nowhere to be found this fall). Perhaps they've already been kicked out.

However, if I see even one table at the campus this spring, an email with a link to the video and a short note explaining that JWs are an anti-education cult seeking to recruit unsuspecting students will be sent to admin. 

• sir82
    sir82

Can you picture the hard time Anthony Morris would have if half his audience was college educated, his dumb crap would have them rolling on the floor with laughter.

This is very likely a significant part of the reason education is demonized by the GB.

Only the uneducated, stupid, gullible lap up every word from them as if it were gold-plated nectar from the mouth of gods.

They are addicted to the adoration and power they enjoy. Any threat to it is dealt with severely and mercilessly.

Morris appears to be the one most addicted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit