WTS leader rants against higher education

by hoser 125 Replies latest jw friends

• pixel
    pixel
    Oh my, I predict I will have a really nice conversation with Ms. Pixel over this... wait 'till she watches this craziness
  • Simon
    Simon

Again, it's a request for people not to use bad language, you don't have a right to use it on this site.

It's a simple request.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Well, if I needed proof that this new JW.tv will turn into something like the 700 Club I think I got it here.  If this religion gets anymore attention I can see rants like this being used against them by the larger media similar to how Pat Robertson's lunatic rants often get publicized.
  • skeeter1
    skeeter1

Words are labels.   Rose, sweet, stink, and sour.   None of those are words I'd stop my 8 or 13 year old from saying.

The most proper word is "bile", which is acceptable in most circumstances to call one's less affectionate bodily movements.  The "crap" words isn't a nice word, but probably below the level of the T word.  The T words means the same thing as bile and crap, but is probably a worse word though it means the same thing.  Then there is the S word that means the same thing, but for which my 8 and 13 year old would get detention.   The A-hole word that Shirley caught Simon using (and was sensored by Simon) is the word that denotes the body part which delivers one's bile, crap, T words, and S words.  Another word for the A-hole word is anus.      I think the difference is that calling someone the bile, crap, t-word, s-word, a-hole word or anus word . . . isn't nice. . . . no matter which rose you choose.      But, they are descriptions of someone who isn't acting in the most agreeable terms.    And, two potty mouths don't make a right.   If there is going to be a standard of not using bad words to describe,  then we're all going to have get creative and break out our dictionaries & thesaurus on a going forward basis.  Otherwise, it does look hypocritical to say that the A-hole word is better than the T word to call someone, and only Simon is supposed to/allowed to use the A-hole word.    In my parenting, I'd be madder at my kids for using the "a-hole" word than the "t-word."  I see the t-word as a tad funny and lighter than the "a-hole" word.   And, seeing the owner of the site using the A-hole word would easily be assumed that any word "more acceptable" or lighter than that word should be acceptable.    Actually, neither word is better than the other, when used to describe someone's personality.   But, they both might be fitting.  What word do you use to call someone like Tony?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Skeeter, You made my day.

• Simon
    Simon

It's amazing how "offended" some people can be to a request to simply *not* lower the tone. Posting doctored pictures of people, calling them "turd" ... is that it? Is that what opposition to the Watchtower society consists of in 2015? God, I hope not.

Everything depends on context but it seems rather immature if the best reply you can think of is "but he said ...!!"

The 'turd' theme is like the child-abuse stone - it's overused and it just looks trashy and childish. You're free to pursue it to your hearts content on your own site or other forums that want to see that sort of thing.

I'd rather encourage and promote more informative and thoughtful discussion on this site which is why I made the polite request. It's disappointing that some chose to react how they did, determined to make an issue out of my apparent "Watchtower-like authoritarianism". Whatever.

There are big things in the works - more important than someone's right to call someone a turd. If we're not careful though we risk losing the chance for some big negative-Watchtower-publicity if, when we get the attention, people take one look and see a bunch of what appears to them to just simply be disgruntled complainers calling their leaders of their old religion names.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

I think that was not yet mentioned.

Anthony Morris was guilt tripping parents again in this jw show.

He said that if a brother or sister goes to university and attends less and less meetings, it's basically the parents fault. They put them there (university).

Morris is the best thing for any thinking JW who watches him, to wake up.

Best would be if Morris and Lett are together in a JW tv show.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

That has some real funny potential LOL I think I might even be able to stomach watching 15 or 20 minutes of that.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Simon, I can see your point. The JW's who are confused and disillusioned need answers and support on their journey out of Watchtower, This site was my lifeline and I will always be grateful for the help I received. In my case it was the humor that especially helped me to laugh at the organization and myself for believing such silliness. I think there is a difference between anger and hate and sometimes it's probably a tough call. Nobody can please ALL of the people ALL of the time. In addition, all of us make mistakes as well. (except me) I once thought I made a mistake but I was wrong.  

• sir82
    sir82

I'm seeing a Python-esque sketch....Lett at the Ministry of Silly Walks Gestures and TMIII with a shrill voice and in a dress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit