WTS leader rants against higher education

by hoser 125 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Billy: Just pick some newboy with barely a GED to become the bethel doctor, wouldn't that prove that university training doesn't matter?

Fact: MEPS was designed by a Bethel newby in his spare time when he wasn't making cheese or scrubbing toilets. Jehovah helped him with all the technology. 

If ToMo needed heart surgery (assuming he has one) I wonder if he'd "trust in Jehovah" and have a Bethel janitor do it? Or, would he opt for a university-trained surgeon to do it (even if the surgeon was wearing tight pants)???

Oubliette:  Question: If YOU were the leader of a fairly significant world religion, would your main message be?

I've  thought about this many times. If I was given the means to send any message I wanted to at least 8 million people, what would I say? I know for damn sure I wouldn't talk about "Sparlock The Warrior Wizard" or the purported evils of some dude who wears tight pants and has impeccable hair.

These WT Talking Heads sure don't seem to remember the scipture they used to hammer on ad nauseum when I was growing up: "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks". The fact that these GBtards have nothing substantial to talk about, but instead focus in unsubstantial, inconsequential, trivial minutiae speaks volumes. It betrays, if nothing else, that they really don't care about love, compassion, charitable works or bettering this life for themselves or anyone else on planet earth. They are focused on nonsensical rules and busy work, that's all.

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam

One of the comments that stood out for me was saying that if someone wanted to go into the health field, instead of spending the amount of time/money it takes to become a doctor both in college and time spent working full time after, one could become a nurse where there is less time/money in school and you could work it part time to allow for more time spent in the field service as a pioneer.  (WOW that was a run on sentence!)  The same thing was said for becoming a paralegal vs. an attorney, if one was interested in the field of law.

Basically if you are going to school to support yourself in the pioneer work, it is ok to get a higher education.  BUT if you are going to school to support a family and work full time, then it is not ok.  What a crock of crap!

I found this SO difficult to watch.  It literally made me sick to my stomach.  My parents took me out of school when I was not quite 16 because of the "bad association" I was getting into.  No further education was pursued.  I married at 18, worked telemarketing till my daughter was born at 23 and was a stay at home mom for 20 years, till I left and filed for divorce this past year.  

Now I am 44 and am a full time student at the local community college and will transfer to the university once I get my associate's degree.  My 20 year old daughter will be receiving her associate's degree at the end of this quarter and will be moving on to earn her bachelor's at the university.  My son, who is 17 1/2 just started attending the local community college with me in December.  It is SO cool to experience college life with my kiddos!!  I LOVE learning and cannot wait to see where it takes me!  

Thankful to no longer be part of the brainwashing that takes place in the org.  

• sir82
    sir82

Tight pants made the comment that bethel won't send anymore members to college to be lawyers. 

Pity. Methinks they're going to need all the lawyers they can get their hands on.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Something that stuck me....These are the same "experiences", if you will, that he has told in other recorded talks.

So that tells me he knows of THREE times going to university has caused problems. Out of 8 million people he should have HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of examples if it is truly as bad as he wants to make it seem.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle
    In reply yo sir82, it has been talked about recently that just as they have recently been outsourcing highly skilled engineering work at Warwick, they are also hiring outside firms to assist in legal defense.
  • blondie
    blondie

Don't those green handshakes come from the rank and file not WTS administration?  Don't the Bethelites, GB included, get the same allowance as the rest.

They compete for power, holiness rankings, name recognition, being more likely to  be given the handshakes as being considered more worthy by the rank and file. 

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can understand delaying college, since there is so much debt involved and tuition prices are in a bubble.  This goes along with Saturn in Sagittarius, which is bad for higher education.  The dollar is soon to become toilet paper, dragging the world's paper currencies down with it.  College debt will probably be revalued (your bank account, however, will not).

During this time, I advise picking up as much silver as you can get your hands on (the real stuff, not shares in mining stocks or ETF's which can be welshed on or lose value even between when you cash them in and when you put them in real value.  When the dollar does become toilet paper, chances are your tuition bill will also crash.  No one will be able to afford college, and it might take a surprisingly small number of ounces of silver to complete your degree.  In the meantime, do online research as much as possible on those topics you would have taken.

When the crisis passes and Saturn enters Capricorn, you can start college at a much lower price.  Your silver will probably buy 8 years of college with a few ounces, and it will probably be a better quality education to boot.  If the Rockefellers go bust, their stranglehold on innovation will also go bust and your college education will do more real good.  I understand that children that are turning 18 in 2015 or 2016 want to get out from under their parents as soon as possible, especially if they are tyrants.  But, starting in November 2017 when Saturn enters Capricorn will pay off.  Your education will probably get you a better job, and even the chance to start a company that will put these big scum companies right where they deserve to go--out of business.

Of course, the washtowel outright says no to college.  Not just a delay because we are on the cusp of hyperinflation and a crash in real tuition prices, or because Saturn is in a bad sign for college.  They just don't want anyone to get education.  That is also why they have been so long against the Internet, and even now they are pushing their jw dot org (I am spelling out the "dot" to avoid creating a link to their site) crap.  And the endless time wasted in field circus, not to mention the money you waste on that religion.  College tuition eats into that, whether it be ten ounces of silver or 10,000.  And you can't go doing two-week hops to Israel on their time table while you are studying for finals.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So question...who dropped off that Bethel attorney @ college? Was it the organization? So if that attorney screws up do they have to step down? If an Elders kid decides to screw up, don't they blame the parents? Daddy has to step down (even if he did a bang up job raising his kids?). 

"Who dropped them off there"? How smug can you get!

Also, becoming a Nurse can take up to 4 years of college (if you need to take your core classes). Becoming a nurse is alot of work.

These guys are so out of touch with reality. Come live in the "real world" with all of us tax payers with a mortgage/rent payments. Come join us for 2-3 hours or more a day, sitting in the city traffic and rushing home to get the kids ready for the meeting. Heaven forbid if you're late!!!! Come help us out with the lawn maintenance/home maintenance on the weekends. I guess that would be "our fault" too. They would just say..."who burdened you down"? Who bought the house? It's ALWAYS YOUR fault, not ours.

Sorry for the rant.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Old lying Morris one day will be in a hospital where everyone working there except for some support staff, will have spent at least 4 years in University and these one will responsible for keeping him alive or die gracefully without pain.

There's a true measure of the kind of self serving hypocrisy the WTS. and its leaders profess.

Many religious Tyrants say that higher education is spiritually weakening and dangerous  Why ? 

Because higher education gives out information on acquired facts and encourages people to develop critical thinking skills upon knowledge that isn't entwined in superstition, fear and compelling lies and ignorance espoused by power cultivating religionists.  Or as for the WTS charlatans, running and operating  their own money producing publishing house and alluring people by propagating fear inducing provocations  toward supporting that established publishing house. . 

Notice that Morris mentions that skilled trades is a better avocation in the eyes of Jehovah , because those skills can be utilized in building more Kingdom Halls or other building endeavors for the organization.

Aren't those GB members a cunning lot  ?  

• user100
    user100
    does anyone have a link to this lame video?  i just spent 10 minutes on that dumb f'n site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit