Super Bowl Predictions

by WildTurkey 307 Replies latest social physical

• dubla
    dubla

heaven-

yes, i admit to talking smack about that game beforehand.....which ive already explained. i talked the same smack to the rams fans last year before we went to st. louis, but i knew deep down the odds were stacked against us in that one. its pretty obvious that green bay was the better team monday night, in those circumstances....that was my point.

Anyways, second string, third string, whatever... Having the right combination of players and backup is what makes the team a team.

true........so youre telling me that you think this packers team, quarterbacked by doug pederson, could fly down to miami on a humid september sunday afternoon and beat the dolphins? of course not......circumstances, thats all i meant. bottom line is, the pack have bragging rights until the next meeting though, so live it up .

aa

• spike
    spike

Greeeeeeen Baaaaay Paaaaackers!!!!!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

true........so youre telling me that you think this packers team, quarterbacked by doug pederson, could fly down to miami on a humid september sunday afternoon and beat the dolphins? of course not......

of course not?????? Now there's an assumption for ya!!!

Um, I'd have to say that, yes, I'd certainly think they'd beat them- especially if it were the same Dollfish team I saw on Monday nite.

Hey dubla- have you ever been to Wisconsin in August or early September? HUMID. And that's the weather they practice in

Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids!!!

XW

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

XENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a MILLION $$$$$$ for the B-day gift!!! That was VERY SWEET of you! It will be perfect for Sundays game against the loser Lions!! It will be my permanent replacement for my #92 Jersey that was lost in the theft. Ive been sporting a #30 Jersey but it just doesnt seem right! The FAVRE #4 rocks!!

It looks like you have some beautifull seats!! I just bought some tickets for the 49ner Pack game in Dec, but I dont think they will be as nice as yours. Oh well, but for $400 bucks, the Pack better kick the shit out of them!!!!

GO PACK GO!!

oh and Lucas just plain sucks.

Thanks Agian XENA

-Aaron

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

You are welcome Aaron!!!

We can't have a Packer Fan running around California without a jersey now can we???

ENJOY!!!

$400 for tickets??? What, are you on crack? LOL- Have a great time watching them beat the "40whiners"!!!!!

XW

• crownboy
    crownboy

Well, I'm a huge fan of the N.Y. Jets. Two weeks ago versus Cleveland, I was pretty sure our season was done, but after the total demolition of the 1st place Chargers on Sunday, hope is alive once again.

Well, we're going to play the much hated Miami Dolphins on Sunday night. Hopefully, this will give us the 9th win in the last 10 games against them, and more importantly, pull us closer to 1st place in the AFC East. I liked Lucas when he played for us a couple of years ago, and was actually kind of pissed when they replaced him with Chad Pennington 2 years ago. Now I know why they did it, he's been terrible these last couple games. Hopefully, he won't get any better this Sunday .

Pennington has played great since becoming the starter, but this Miami defense will probably be the best he's faced. If they can eat some clock like they did versus San Diego, I see no problems for us, as our defense should take care of the anemic Miami offense.

Strangely enough, my biggest concern is the fact that the Jets will be playing at home this Sunday, as the Medowlands has not been a kind place for them the last two years. However, one of the few home games they've won was against the Dolphins last year, after trailing big time at the half. So dubla, prepare to be humbled again.

BTW, Reborn2002, Favre may be a great, Hall of Fame quaterback, but I wouldn't call him "arguably the greatest". Barring injury, both Micheal Vick and Donovan Mc. Nabb will be better than him. And don't forget older guys like John Elway, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas, Sammy Baugh and Otto Graham (10 consecutive title games).

• Solace
    Solace

Hey dubla,

Would you like some

whiiiiiiiiiiiine????

• Makena1
    Makena1

Have not read the entire thread - however, based on the Seahawks/Redskins game I attended last Sunday the Seahawks have a snow balls chance in he#$. Washington on the otherhand looked very strong.

Originally from the midwest, I have been a long time Bears fan - moved to west coast and tried very hard to be a Rams / Raiders fan. I liked the 49er's for quite awhile too.

Right now I am like a citizen without a country.

My prediction on the Superbowl - I will watch it, consume mass quantities of beer and junk food, and feel like sh#$ the next day.

All best,

Mak

• LB
    LB

I'm a 49er fan, not a football fan. So if they aren't in it, I'm not watching.

I grew up in the shadow of Kezer Stadium in San Francisco and saw my first Niner game back in the 50's. They won, lost and given me happiness and anger, sometimes on the same play.

But I'm just a fan.

• dubla
    dubla
    Um, I'd have to say that, yes, I'd certainly think they'd beat them- especially if it were the same Dollfish team I saw on Monday nite.

Hey dubla- have you ever been to Wisconsin in August or early September? HUMID. And that's the weather they practice in

this debate could go on forever....fact is the pack won fair and square, and ill give them props for being 7-1. they are a GREAT team.

but......they cant take the heat and humidity in south florida, which is why theyve NEVER won there, in the HISTORY of the green bay franchise. you say "id certainly think theyd beat them"....with doug pederson? please........i went to the last dolphins packers game, in miami, and they had mr. perfect, brett farve at the helm. it was virtually the same "dolfish" team you saw on monday night that humiliated them in miami.....only difference was we didnt have ricky williams then. just like the pack cant handle that miami heat and humidity...the dolphins cant handle cold weather. never have, and probably never will. kind of like farve chokes in dome games, ya know? i dont think hes as bad as he looks in those games....its just a mental block.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit