ALERT: NEW LAWSUIT settlement - $13 MILLION

by Watchtower-Free 300 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cofty: How much would you love to see a member of the GB on the stand being grilled by a tenacious lawyer?

I'd pay to see that!

I'd love to see him grilled just like the roasted hot-dog illustration Tony Morris the Turd used in one of his talks. That'd be a bit o' the ol' Divine Justice. It might even get me believin' in God again!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Arrogant liars.

Don't forget Anthony Morris. 😃 He's got some great comments in his head I'm sure he'd love to share with the world.

Lett, they could show excerpts of his brilliant video on how much they "LOVE" the children.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Oh how nice it is after being absent from logging on to this forum for a while to see this thread. wow!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Can anyone offer a reasoned opinion as to what the f**k the Watchtower thinks they are doing? Or what outcome they sanely expect?

On the last page I said they are either completely evil or completely clueless.

Clueless- One of the threads mentioned the WT lawyer Mario admitted being in GB meetings, so he obviously is either taking orders from the GB, or legal and the GB run things together. If the GB actually drinks the kool aid at cult levels, they may be saying "Jah will take care of it, just delay things as much as you can" Astounding if they really think so.

Evil - I would couple this with the idea that they are power/money hungry at extreme levels. In this case, they put forth their bullshit argument that there is no way to comply with the request of the prosecution for all of the child molestation material they wanted in discovery. In this case, I would speculate the stuff they are hiding is nasty beyond anything we've ever seen, and couple that with the GB knows it and thus the Losch is dodging the deposition because he will look so bad that the info could even wake up die hard JWs causing a huge loss in membership.

The outcome they expect is the 64 million dollar question. Do they really think Jah bails them out? Or is it just keep this stuff underground and pay whatever has to be paid. Maybe they give lip service to an appeal and then just pay the money.

I believe Zalkin has 8 cases total just related to this Campos guy alone, lets see how the rest of them shake out.

• metatron
    metatron

As I asked on another thread, does this bizarre stonewalling suggest that Mr. Zalkin, Esq. is nearly guaranteed victory simply by getting subpoenas and making document requests? That the WTS is screwed?

metatron

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks again Barbara ,

At least 17 reports from different parts of the world is very happifying .

smiddy

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I can't imagine what the GB and their legal staff is thinking. A reported case of child abuse... report to the police... How hard is that? Why have a policy any different? Because a book written 3000 years ago says something different? The WT religion is making a fool of itself.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • humbled
    humbled

Barbara, thanks for staying on the trail. It is hard to think of the children that had their abuse covered over.

I hope the stink of this rises so high that they can smell it in the sealed kingdom Halls everywhere.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Thank you Barbara.

Did someone mention the word fantasy???

'Quit living your fantasy and move on.'

I only refer to the fact that if ou ask any JW (or anyone for that matter) about the Candice Conti case they know nothing.

They don't anything about the settlements revealed on Dateline (or whatever it was 10 years ago). They wont' hear about this case either.

This is NOT to minimize any of the efforts by Barb Anderson or others. It's just the facts. It's more important to us here, than anyone else anywhere else.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit