ALERT: NEW LAWSUIT settlement - $13 MILLION

by Watchtower-Free 300 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Smiddy

yesterday my "Dub". mom texted me to ask if I heard about this judgement. (She doesn't know that I dont believe anymore)

She googled it and learned about Candace conti and the other cases as well. Maybe this will start her out of the Borg. You never know. some witnesses are learning about this stuff.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked, thanks Watchtower-free, Barbara and everyone else contributing articles, links and other important info to this thread.

• Enzo
    Enzo

i have take a look at the court rules in California, and if indeed you are not present in the trial, the Judge CAN make a judgement, and order to pay the requested amount at the victim.. But that not mean that the WT, can not go in appeal.. They have the legal right to go appeal their decision on a District Court.. And I think they will do.. And I even think, just like the Conti Case that by an appealing, the judgement will be that the requested amount is too high... Here in Europe such amounts will never be ordered by a judge..

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I have no idea why that text came up in yellow

smiddy

Smiddy, I thought you were trying to get my attention.

It worked.

And I agree with your statement. I just am not hopeful that this will get massive publicity and result in any changes among JWs (at least not my JW family). They'll just see it as there are/were a few bad apples and the judgements against the Organization are unfair persecution. Probably the Judge was Catholic. You know how those Catholics hate JWs. The whole world lies in the hand of the wicked one. THAT'S IT! IT IS SATAN! Satan is instigating his earthy cohorts to conspire against God's People.

Doc

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT., Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

BOTR: I have better things to do. It takes time to read documents. No legal case is ever presented accurately on this forum.

If you don't 'have time' to read the court documents, how would you know what's being said here is inaccurate?

I know you claim to be an "attorney". Is this an example of how you lawyer? You don't read anything but make wild guesses and sweeping, uninformed statements?

• flipper
    flipper

Wouldn't it be amazing if Losch got thrown into prison for refusing to testify ? That would be cool. WT Society's arrogance and stubborness to cooperate with the law in providing proper documents for this case is coming back to bite them in the ASS big time. I hope they KEEP being stubborn- because their stupidity in doing so will provide more fodder for media coverage and draw more attention to these child abuse lawsuits than if they tried settling out of court. I hope more and more child abuse victims gain the courage to take these cases all the way INTO courts like Conti and Lopez so it becomes very well known on national media coverage. I admire these victims courage and I admire the attorneys willing to represent them against a corporate bully like the WT Society

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

The great thing about this judgement is the case is not about a INDIVIDUAL (he admitted guilt on tape)

Its a judgement against the Organization and its Faithful Slave . JWs right away try to

deflect by claiming its just one bad apple. This case takes that away from them .

By refusing to honestly provide the requested info the ORganization is covering up

a crime possibly many crimes . Proof of dishonesty from the top down .

• designs
    designs

2nd day in a row Yahoo has this on their News feed.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

2nd day in a row Yahoo has this on their News feed.

It is nowhere to be found when I open Yahoo.

Does Yahoo display items based on a person's past search history?

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit