ALERT: NEW LAWSUIT settlement - $13 MILLION

by Watchtower-Free 300 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• a watcher
    a watcher

It will be interesting to see what Jehovah will allow to happen.

"For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God..." (1 Peter 4:17)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and their legal team are aging, graying, wrinkling, losing sleep, developing stomach ulcers, stressing and ....yes maybe even contemplating suicide as we speak over damaging and expensive recent and future negative rulings about to unfold regarding child molestation!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I wonder if part of their rationale for stalling to the extent they did was that this is the exciting, momentous year of 2014 (centenary of the Messianic Kingdom) and if they can just buy more time, the GT and big A will be here and God can make it all go away.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Read through the one document AnnOMaly referenced above, these guys are are either evil or completely clueless. Its almost as if they decided to put it in Jahs hands for their defense strategy.

Absolutely hilarious they claim it would take 20 man years to produce the documents requested, this after they put everything on computer three years ago. And then the no-show by Losch on the depo, I guess since dude is going to be sitting up there with Jesus any day now there is no need to comply with earthly court systems. Maybe when he gets up there he can ask Jesus why he isn't helping a brotha out.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

AnnOMaly: 'make it all go away'

Maybe once and for all, the GB should look up to heaven, ask for forgiveness from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for neglecting him soo much over the years and ask him to 'make it all go away'!!!

My guess is...GB don't have a prayer!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ann, that thought ^^^crossed my mind. x

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

And another thing that's jaw-dropping - Chaserious's post about why Watchtower thought Lösch shouldn't be called to give a deposition. After the 'Dalai Lama' comparision (WTH?), Copley says that Lösch is "not an officer," "not a director," "not an employee," "not a managing agent" and "not even part of the organization"! (Page 6 of THIS TRANSCRIPT.)

So Copley is trying to argue that Lösch is a nobody, a nothing, as far as Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower organization are concerned? Then how is it he has oversight of the Service Committee? How can Copley brazenly lie like that, in court, and still believe he has the God of Truth's approval?

*** w08 5/15 p. 29 How the Governing Body Is Organized ***

SERVICE COMMITTEE: Those on this committee have oversight of the preaching work and matters affecting congregations, pioneers, elders, and traveling overseers. It supervises the preparation of Our Kingdom Ministry and calls in Gilead School and Ministerial Training School students, later giving them postgraduate assignments.

• Dagney
    Dagney

(wow, just noticed Iannelli isn't on the Writing Committee anymore.)

Yeah, the "Dalai Lama defense" was an interesting tack. I was expecting them to add they are a "volunteer" organization and cannot direct anybody to do anything. (Just realized I might use the "Volunteer" issue sometime. "I stopped voluneering.")

Some of the things the WT lawyers say are so incredulous! Especially to a judge and jury who are trying to seek the truth in a case to render a fair decision.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

AnnOMaly: How can Copley brazenly lie like that, in court, and still believe he has the God of Truth's approval?

The answer to the first part of the question is easy: This is what JW/WTBTS leadership do. They lie. They have a long history of doing this.

The answer to the second part of the question is speculative. My answer is, I don't know. They're either delusional or they don't believe any of it, it's all a scam and their charlatans and they know it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Rocky Copley, Esq. (To the Court): "These are just men who get together and discuss spirìtual concepts. That is it. It's like the Dalai Lama. The Dalai Lama, for their religion.

Wow, did he REALLY say that?!? WTF!!!

So in the Conti case they WT lawyers said the organization is just like the Catholic Church, now they're saying the leaders are just like the head of Tibetan Buddhism!

So much for not being anything like false religion.

If we can just get them to compare the WT leaders to a rabbi and an imam we'll have a homerun of false religion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit