The Outing of Faders Rears Its Ugly Head Again

by zed is dead 178 Replies latest members private

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

This turns my stomach!

I can't believe this AGAIN from AAWA.

AAWA, please remove this Julia before more faders have their lives destroyed.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I never met Julia and never had any dealings with her nor AAWA, or any of their members.

But his is absolutely disgusting. How dare ANYONE, regardless of what excuses are invoked - destroy the life of another person? The nerve, the audacity, the gall that someone has in thinking, even considering for a moment, to do such thing as exposing a fader from the WTS. It's beyond stupid, its criminal, abject. It's unworthy of a human being.

Julia, you're no better than Erna Petri. In case you never heard of her, I'll lay it down for you:

"Blonde German housewife Erna Petri was returning home after a shopping trip in town when something caught her eye: six small, nearly naked boys huddled in terror by the side of the country road. Married to a senior SS officer, the 23-year-old knew instantly who they were. They must be the Jews she’d heard about — the ones who’d escaped from a train taking them to an extermination camp. But she was a mother herself, with two children of her own. So she humanely took the starving, whimpering youngsters home, calmed them down and gave them food to eat. Then she led the six of them — the youngest aged six, the oldest 12 — into the woods, lined them up on the edge of a pit and shot them methodically one by one with a pistol in the back of the neck.This schizophrenic combination of warm-hearted mother one minute and cold-blooded killer the next is an enigma and one that — now revealed in a new book based on years of trawling through remote archives — puts a crueller than ever spin on the Third Reich." - quoted from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2432620/Hitlers-Furies-The-Nazi-women-bit-evil-men.html

Those vulnerable faders still in who trusted you and AAWA are the six terrified jewish children; YOU become Erna Petri when you betray their trust. Woe to you, shame. Let every fader beware of these people who ask for your personal details and then actively seek to find out who you are in real life. They have become even more wicked than the organization that they pretensly fight against.

Eden

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

dreadful behaviour from AAWA again, I'd kind of got closer to Julia over the last few months seeing that she'd lost her mum etc. I cant understand what has motivated her, thank goodness I never joined up with their nonsense.

• Caedes
    Caedes

We recently had an older poster, Focus, threaten to out another poster in real life to those who knew him. I applaud Simon for nipping that in the bud and banning Focus from JWN. I hope he did not follow through with his threat. If he does, his name will be indelibly etched on my shitlist.

I strongly suspect that Focus only had my public e-mail address and whatever bits of information I had chosen to release by trawling through my previous posts. He has a few e-mails in my spam folder but nothing more. He had already convinced me that he didn't have a clue who I am so I'm not sure why you would threaten someone and get yourself booted when you know you are bluffing. To be honest I have rather less to lose than most here since I was never a JW but I suppose you never know how my JW family would react to me being outed as an 'opposer'.

Hopefully Simon is OK with these few words on the subject.

It sounds to me like others are in a much much worse situation than anything I have had to deal with. My sympathies go out to them.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Caedes, based solely on the resemblance of our avatars, and the fact that we both challenged him on several of his claims, I think he [Focus] was convinced that we were one and the same person. He PM'd me once and made that suggestion.

Eden

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

desirousofchange - "'Outing' someone takes guts."

No, it doesn't.

Keeping someone's confidence even when your pissed at them takes guts.

flipper - "...here's the thing, everybody has a responsibility as an ex-JW to respect the ex-JW community, and that involves protecting other ex-JW's from being bullied and abused from the WT organization or not exposing other ex-JW's to harms way from abusive JW family or friends.."

Yup.

Remember who the real enemy is.

x

That being said...

...for the record, I do think Julia's FB apology was fairly decent.

But I also think that maybe she should take a break from AAWA for a bit.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

For God's sake......ALL of this is easily side-stepped if you:

1.) Set up a seperate apostate email address, and only use it for EX-JW business.

2.) Never, ever out yourself by using your real name, location, or Congregation

3.) Never be so gulliable as to join these groups using your REAL Facebook account! I have seperate Facebook account specifically for EX-JW stuff.

4.) Never post real pictures of yourself, family situations, relatives, etc.

Using these simple guidelines, no one will be able to trace you. I've been on here 13 years....no one has a clue who I am. Then again, I never got baptized, so no action can be taken against me. My parents are dead. I'm an only child. Or is any of that true? Maybe I'm Johnny the Bethelite and I call Six Screens to get Rick Fearon going. Who knows! Not any of you readers, and sure as sh*t not anyone at the JW.Org. I can say, that no "Brothers" in black suits better show up on my front door looking to interogate me, or they're going to discover a pissed off EX-JW who's armed to the "T", and not afraid to give them one-way pass to the reckoning. I couldn't care less about wAAWA or any other group that I am "required" to divulge information to. F*ck them, and f*ck the greedy basturds up in the ivory towers who stole my parents and childhood.

- Wing Commander

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I wouldn't join AAWA if you paid me. As far as I can tell, they aren't doing jack squat except looking cool in a video. ( that Bo looks so cool...) Why would I run from the tower to AAWA?? Am I missing something here? I don't see any no nonsense press conferences with the media about the WT cult. I don't see any professional letters to the UN or the OSCE or local governments? What ARE they doing?

DD

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

My wife told me about this thread this morning. Using the words "Outing of faders" Ok this shows how naive I am. First off I did not know what "Outing" meant and secondly I could never imagine doing anything like that to someone. I totally agree there is no room for such conduct. But I understand why some may do this. This cult reglion like many other reglions teach people to be close minded because they feel they have the truth. This is site for me was a refuge for me to speak of other things diffrent from what the Wt. Cult taught me. I thought this freedom was something we all embraced. This shows me all of us can learn from this experience. Thank you Simon for this site and allowing me to express myself. Still Totally ADD

• Simon
    Simon

Outing faders is a serious thing, no mistake, but this highlights more fundamental and potentially dangerous issues:

• Are volunteers vetted at all and if so how?
    • What standards are volunteers held to?
    • What policies are in place to protect people?

Is the only requirement to become an AAWA volunteer simply to volunteer? This is dangerous because, well, anyone can do it whether they are a JW busy-body out to score points by identifying people, an elder or maybe a molester looking for someone who's already been a victim before and is vulnerable. Are any background checks run on people at all?

If you are setting yourself up as a support group for victims you need to have some solid policies in place !!

Once signed up as a volunteer, what information do they have access to? There need to be strict policies and controls in place to make sure that information isn't given away to all and sundry.

Policies are important. They don't seem to have any and as I've said before, they collect too much information about people. I suspect it's because they are about power and importance and having information on people gives you a certain amount of control and they have demonstrated multiple times now that they are ready, able and willing to use it in vindictive ways to try and silence those who disagree with them (which they also take to be 'a bad thing').

So yes, outing a fader is a very bad thing but there are other potential catastrophes in the making.

I still don't really know what volunteers there do - it seems to mostly center around promoting the group and rah-rah cheerleading of youtube videos.

I'm not saying these are not important and useful, but being recruited to promote a high control organization is something most of us already know more than enough about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit