The Outing of Faders Rears Its Ugly Head Again

by zed is dead 178 Replies latest members private

• zed is dead
  • Beth Shan
    Beth Shan

Thanks Rip, everyone.

I don't expect people to believe me with no proof.

Simon doesn't want this shit on his boards I'm being told and as much as I want to tell my story I have to respect that.

Just remember there is a pattern here with Julia and AAWA. It's been documented in the past and it's happening again.

When the next person says it happened, maybe some more people will listen then.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

It's absolutely sickening that someone who is, ostensibly, working to end the abuses of the WTS (principle among them, the enforcement of the shunning policy) would use the exact same tactics to hold someone's family hostage to get their way. There's absolutely no difference between what the WTS does to hundreds of thousands of people with thier shunning policy and what someone is doing by vindictively outing a fader.

Actually, there probably is a difference. I don't know this Julia's story, but I'd assume she's probably been affected by the shunning policy in some way, shape or form herself. For someone who's gone through it to inflict it upon someone else is worse than what the GB does by enforcing it in the first place.

Absolutely disgusting. Sorry for what you're going through, beth.

• Beth Shan
    Beth Shan

Oh also, I am available in PM on this site, if it's ok with the admins if anyone wants to hear my side of the story. I'll just cut and paste what I sent to Richard and Lee to voice my concerns. I wont be able to send screenshots, but Julia is posting them on FB anyways. At least she used good pictures of me to out me LOL!

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Beth,

You are not alone. There are actually quite a few of us that have stood up to the "amazing" organization. The copy of a copy, it is just as bad as the organization it hates.

Some of us have to speak out when abuse happens. I thank you for doing so!

zed

• Beth Shan
    Beth Shan

Im posting proof in the meme group if anyone wants it

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JWmeme/

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Did we ever find out why it took so long for the involuntarily-added members to be removed from the old AAWA FB group?

• Beth Shan
    Beth Shan

Isn't there another thread where Julia actually threatens to out people because she didn't like what they had to say? Wish I could find that one too.

• Simon
    Simon

First of all, please don't turn this into a revenge / hate-fest - it's not constructive although I can appreciate the emotion involved.

It's very sad that some people seem to be so threatened by having someone disagree with them online that they seek to hurt them somehow, anyhow they can, in real life. That sort of behavior is never condoned or tolerated here - it's "instant ban" level of line-crossing.

This is sadly something that's happened before with AAWA and goes beyond the inept / careless exposure of people into the vindictive behavior that should never have a place in any organization claiming to be a support group. But we know they all wanted to be activist originally ...

It's frankly deplorable - it is the most cruel and hurtful thing someone can do to a fading JW because many of us know it can mean the loss of family and friends forwever. IMO the group should have already had much stronger controls, processes and procedures in place as I warned them many months ago but it seems that they once again refuse to listen to anything but their own cheerleading. There is no excuse - even if someone is being an ass it's no excuse and it's not something that ever happens here however much we may be provoked or harrassed. There are proper channels and procedures if you think you have a complaint against someone and exposing them is not it.

So here we are again ...

I don't want their crap infecting this board but at the same time I don't want to cover up what they do so that warnings are available for anyone who thinks about getting involved with them.

However, there is also the matter of personal responsibility. It being exposed as a member of a group would be a terrible thing then it may be better simply not to join (esp if they have a bad reputation for privacy and information security). However much we may want to 'do things' the reality may be that our personal circumstances and family situation simply means getting directly involved may be unwise. Regardless of who is at fault, if we have too much to lose it's a moot point.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Thanks, Simon. I've never heard much good about them anywhere, so this just reinforces that. JWN is hands-down the best place to hang out for exjws. Thanks to you and your wife for providing it for the rest of us!

I'm adding the beer pic just in case you enjoy it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit