The Outing of Faders Rears Its Ugly Head Again

by zed is dead 178 Replies latest members private

• jgnat
    jgnat

Aaaah, growing pains. The community is large enough and diverse enough to entertain differences of opinion. And we are much better at finding each other and supporting each other.

Thank You Internet!

• Violia
    Violia

Yes jgnat we are a diverse community and we do fight among ourselves. That sounds healthy to me. That was something we could never do as jws, we couldl never disagree. They would DF you and silence you. If you can just learn to all function in the real world and not run back and TATTLE to the ORG. Dear gawd. I think outing is so wrong after what we have all been through, maybe we should consider publishing the outters names on facebook.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Doesn't it feel so good to speak our minds instead of bottling it in? So much constraint, restraint in the WTS.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

jgnat,

It seems like a problem with all high control ORGANIZATIONS. Even the little borgs.

zed

• jgnat
    jgnat

Zed, I've spent my entire career working for organizations large and small. We need organizations, societies, communities, and nations. This is how we congregate and agree to get things done. Like fill in pot-holes or write a human rights charter.

Some failures are a factor of size. Leaders in large organizations lose touch with the front line, so can send the organization in stupid directions. Also, the true power-mongers in a large organization are the mid-level petty bureaucrats, close enough to the action to do real damage and heartache.

Small organizations have their own problems; they are usually dependent on a core group of visionaries, who are rarely appreciated for their sacrifice. There's a native phrase I will never forget when I worked for a First Nations community. It's the shit pole. In the absence of toilet paper, people would relieve themselves and then back themselves up to the shit pole to wipe themselves clean. Guess what the private phrase is for the local cheif?

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

jgnat,

Name any visionary at wAAWAh. I dare you, since there is none. There is also no respect for the rank-and-file in the group, they are just pawns.

zed

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

Re: visionaries, I've heard Paul Grundy is a very great guy (we have a mutual friend). Then again, he was doing awesome work before them and will, I'm sure, continue to do so after them. There are a couple of people on the board of directors that I considered friends (like, met-and-hung-out-with-in-real-life friends), had no beef with, and now have lost a lot of respect for after watching them tell lies and hurt people. I'm not sure if I'd have considered them visionaries per se, but I don't doubt there are good people there. Unfortunately, though, I'm not sure there's much the good can do at this point to outweigh the bad, at least as far as AAWA and its top leadership are concerned. *Shrug* What can you do? Some people let power and ego go to their heads. The good people there will do whatever good they can, whenever they can, wherever they are, with or without an organization.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It helps if "leaders" will stop their mind games long enough to learn simple facts and skills. When the "leaders" do something that helps a single apostate in some way, I will celebrate. Outing is low behavior. I heard the video of the European gent going to Brooklyn to purchase a NWT and to leave his business card. Wow, actions like that will show the WT. Perhaps there are things worse than the WT.

• Beth Shan
    Beth Shan

Yesterday I meant to post this and forgot.

Months ago I was terrified Julia was going to "out" me.

My friend warned her not to out me here and this was her response.....for those of her batshit crazy supporters who claim that my outing was

"taken out of context".

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Ouch. The mom card.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit