CONGREGATION FLEECING RESULTS?

by The Searcher 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• suavojr
    suavojr

Tonight they will let us know how much they are going to send, but I bet it will not be the amount the friends said they were willing to give.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/279700/1/The-Masters-of-Spin-Local-numbers-from-your-Apostate-Account-Servant#.U4YzYNDD8dU

• sir82
    sir82

Let's not forget that the biggest winfall is that the Society now owns all of the Kingdom Halls outright.

Where / how did you determine that? There is nothing in the latest letters about transferring property deeds.

• Tech49
    Tech49

$650/month over here, is the amount the congregation has pledged to send every month. No lump sum, as we dont have but about $3,000 in the bank right now.

The part that gets me though, is that we typically send around $400/month to the WWW, and about another $50 to the KHFund. Some months the friends dont contribute enough funds to cover the few bills we do have, and we pull from the small balance that remains, ending in a "deficit" to the contributions. So now we will be sending MORE?

I think the "pledges" were a great sparkling hope, one that will die quickly as reality sets in. The 75 (at best) in attendance every week will NOT be able to keep up. I see a LOCAL NEEDS talk coming in the next 6 months, when the cash flow dries up.

All I heard was... " HOW WONDERFUL this new arrangement is.... I mean we will need new carpet and roofing and landscaping SOON, and how WONDERFUL it is to not worry about where the funds will come from!!!"

Oh boy, are they going to be in for a shocker...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Sir82, I thought the KH property deeds have been in the Society's name for 2 or 3 years now. Was I wrong?

• sir82
    sir82

Sir82, I thought the KH property deeds have been in the Society's name for 2 or 3 years now. Was I wrong?

I don't know, maybe I am just ignorant. Seems like that would be a pretty big change, though; I don't recall any such change recently or farther back.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

seems that the congregations have almost no reaction to it, it is like they just lap it up like anoher God send,lol

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Sir82 , I thought the KH property deeds have been in the Society's name for 2 or 3 years now. Was I wrong?

I posted about this here. The articles/bylaws are passed via resolution by the title holding congregation only. And only a majority of those present need vote for it. Thus, where I'm at, there are three congregations. But only one voted on the bylaws. This congregation has nearly 80 publishers, but only 44 adult publishers were present the night of the vote. So it would have taken only 23 to vote for it to pass it. (Of course, the vote was unanimous as far as I could tell - minus one abstention.)

The articles don't actually transfer the ownership to the Society. Instead, they say that if the title holding congregation is dissolved (something only the WT could do) then the property goes to the Society after all debts are serviced.

In an informal polling, I could only find two people who had actually read the articles, myself and one of my close relatives - and him/her only because I pointed them out. They were allowed to hang on the info board for two weeks prior to the vote. The cong. was told they would be there.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Local KH with 85 pubs (down from 102)

Passed resolution last night to commit to KHF expence of $500.00 per month. In the past only 50 - 100 was donated monthly.

This was based on slips of paper turned in annomosly for the last two weeks.

KH was remodled this year and completely paid for in advance. This KH was also built with local money (no WTS loans) in 1965 so has never had a loan payment. Have been under pressure in the past to buy property and build new but BOE has always been able to avoid this.

IMHO the pubs have bit off more than they can chew but only time will tell.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

From what I have read here, I don't think the GB ever donated funds to help build a KH, all funds were expected to come from the local area. They would maybe loan some money if they knew they were going to get paid back but in the end the locals still paid for it. I think these letters may not be going to 3 world countries and these folks will still have to put up their own money. Otherwise these ones will believe they will get a new hall under this program and the GB will not part with this kind of money. So I believe this program is for the wealthier nations so the GB can fleece them and the others are left out in the cold. End result will be when the people in the wealthy countries start asking why they haven't gotten the new hall or upgrades they requested they will be told that the money is going overseas. This way the GB KEEPS IT ALL!!!!!!!

• kaik
    kaik

Crazyguy, you are probably correct on that one. I wonder where these letters were sent. If countries have convertible currency like Euros, franks, pounds, and dollars, the cash can be easily transferred into WT world fund. I do not recall we got money when we build our first KH 20 years ago. It was expected that we save money for it and we in the locality fund it. People were really donating and saved enough within four to five years. It is possible that branch office gave some money, but I am not aware of it. I do remember that the branch was selecting the site and gave advice on overall appearance of the KH. Unfortunatelly, I do not talk to anyone anymore in my old KH. I will ask my relatives when I will see them this summer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit