CONGREGATION FLEECING RESULTS?

by The Searcher 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

there will be some directive I'm sure that will line the elders up without the rank n file knowing about it, some secret letter which will be directed at the elders only. We will have to watch with some more leaked information.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Splash, your elders should be reported immediately. :)

The CO can now, and will likely be told to, recommend congregations be consolidated or dissolved if they do not contribute to the Society. If you can't pay your way, consolidate with a congregation nearby. The CO dissolves the congregation and the Kingdom Hall is sold. You know where the proceeds go.

It's all about the money now. The leaders know this. Just read what the postings on here are about lately. Recap:

Less District Overseers. Less convention days. Less assemblies. Less pages in the magazines. Less new literature. Less meetings. Less Regional Building Committees. Less printing facilities. Less Branches.

Someone tell me, in what way does this sound like a prosperous and growing organization? Members can go along and fake it or hang on just in case. But people vote with their pocketbooks. When the people lose confidence, they don't contribute, much. It's going down. A slow but gradual death.

• a watcher
    a watcher

$100,000 mortgage cancelled

No lump sum payment (only $5,000 in our account).

$900 a month for local/worldwide KH expenses as opposed to the $1,100 we used to spend.

It looks like we made out better than some.

• kaik
    kaik

My parents told me that they were asked to donate 30000 CZ crowns (1USD = 20CZK) per month to support their [closed] branch office. I do not talk to my cousins who are elders, but I can ask my siblings and aunts how much they were asked in their KH.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That's right AlphaMan. The CO is the modern day tax collector. Good observation

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

So if A WATCHERs congo was to pay off the old mortgage at $1100 a month, they would have paid it off in 7.5 years.

Under the new $900 payment, it would take 9.25 years. So unless Armageddon comes before then, you get fleeced every year thereafter until Armageddon comes.

BTW, why did your elders disobey the instruction in the letter to pay what you were already paying?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

a watcher: I'm curious about your congregations situation. As you noted, you got out of a mortgage. The GB asked that congregations paying off a loan donate at least what they were paying each month for the loan. Any idea on how long that should last? Could your elders decide next year to pay less, like just a few hundred bucks? I really wonder what would happen in that situation since I'm sure the GB would not be too happy about not getting that 100k back.

• a watcher
    a watcher

LG, I don't know why we're paying a lesser amount, and I can't ask, because then they'll know that I read the 'unread' pages, and that could get me in big trouble.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I don't know the results of my relatives' congregation. But, I do know that their own individual "giving" is down by 90% over this past year or so. And, they have no plans of increasing it. We discussed the several hundred million, plus, the WTS has received from selling properties, and I stated that it's like the Catholic church asking for money, when it doesn't need it. I think one of my relatives is very disgusted at the WTS . . but just not enough to actually leave it.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Barrold, whatever we pledge, it is expected of us for a year. After a year, if the congregation is falling short of our pledge, the elders can reduce it. I don't know what will happen if the GB is not happy with our pledge.

It's true that the pledge goes on even after any 'mortgage' has been repaid, but that money will be used to remodel our KH's. We are basically paying for our remodels in advance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit