CONGREGATION FLEECING RESULTS?

by The Searcher 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Obviously none of these JWs have figured out they'll never see their money again. So sad.

• earthfire
    earthfire

I heard that the payments were to be lowered but instead of a pay off date they will go on indefinitely. Is this true?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ earthfire:

It is true that the payments never go away.

It is NOT true that WT has lowered the expected payments. The new "donation" amount is to be equal to, or greater than, the previous loan amount. That is specifically stated in the BOE letter.

If a congregation's monthly pledge falls short of the promised amount, the elders are instructed to bully the cong. via talks and remind them to fulfill their promise.

(Incidentally, 'fulfilling your promises' applies only to the rank-and-file, NOT to WT itself).

• KateWild
    KateWild

they will go on indefinitely. Is this true?-earthfire

It's true, There is a New everlasting loan system in place now. Kate xx

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The loan payments only go until Armageddon comes...

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

A sincere big Thank You to everyone who contributed on this topic. It's wonderful that so many are helping to reveal how avaricious the Org really is.

The G.B. must be ROFL at the amounts of money being stripped out of congregations.

I await with great expectations to see if my own BoE is forced to present another proposal regarding our untouched $20k+ in the bank!!!

• doneandout
    doneandout

About reducing captial:

Maybe so that if I mean when they get sued again, they can show the courts a recuded captial amount, thus trying to reduce the payment amount.

• scary21
    scary21

Everlasting loan Love it ! LMAO

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

so did anyone else notice the article in the wt about keeping your obligations? yep, i am sure that was strategically timed.

• kaik
    kaik

?me? I am not sure which country you are in, but in CZ they were generally asked to pledge equivallent $5 per week for publisher. People who do not put that amount are looked as a spiritually weak. My parents told me that one sister donated entire pension only to find out that the money were not used for local KH needs, but were sent away. Since both my parents are retired and on fixed incomes, they do not donate much, probably $5 per month instead per week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit