A farce elder here

by His Excellency 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Test...

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

defender of truth- In all the JCs I have sat, I have always ensured the decision ended in a public reprove. I wield some kind of influence locally and I have suceeded so far in harnessing it to the dubs advantage. I am aware that no one contemplates suicide after public reprove

• perfect1
    perfect1

If you are honest and this is not a joke, then thanks for your honesty. Whatever the opinions of the members of this forum, being honest about your motivation and intentions will provide others with perspective on their own local elder body. I am sure you are not alone and many use the elder position to their best interests are you are doing.

The danger comes when you believe you are the only clever one or are in any way unique.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

You remarked that the following thread was interesting. Please take another good look at some of these qualities, and at how you feel towards those that you call 'sheeples'. I hope that you do not view them as less than human, people with less of a right to be treated fairly and kindly than yourself..
    What do you think of these traits? (please at least read what I say)

''*.Manipulative and Conning
    They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

*.Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

*.Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

*.Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.''

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/266172/1/Does-the-WBT24-Train-JW60s-to-be-SocioPaths

• DJS
    DJS

Hugh,

If you are 'outed,' and you likely will be, having been compassionate and kind will serve you well. If not, the sheeple will attribute your mean spiritedness to the scarlet letter you wear and to your (make believe) father Satan. And that's not an opinion.

• jgnat
    jgnat

HE, if you were not benefitting personally from your decision to accept this promotion (accommodation, family relationships, and work), I'd say do what you want. But I say you are trapped in that golden cage of your own making, with few options. If you choose to leave now, it would cost you deeply.

It may be said the person most free is the one with the most options.

I suggest you gradually disentangle yourself from your business and personal ties, find a way to pay for regular, unsubsidized housing like the rest of us, and bring as much of your family with you as you can.

• cofty
    cofty

Life is too short for bullshit. Be authentic always.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes, the stress the JCs bring and the subsequent emotional turmoil that follows is a major awakenning point for most dubs.....H/E

........................................................ JW Elder "His Excellency"..

........................................Destroying Peoples Lives For Their Own Good..................................

...............................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

So JUDGE no one

I do not know you nor am I a judge and have no authority on this forum but I am entitled to an opinion. As a former lifelong JW who lost his nonJW father who listened to the advice of the (phony) Elder he was studying with, to refuse a blood transfusion, it sickens me to think that anyone would pretend to support that organization when he knows better. My father died a hideous death in front of his family because of the no blood lie. The (phony) Elders assured us our father would be resureected because he died faithful to Jehovah. Then when we asked if we could hold his memorial at the Kingdom Hall, they refused because he wasn't a baptized JW.

You can quote Mark Twain or any other famous person out of context all day long but don't pretend you are doing something noble here by accepting the position of an Elder when you know better and then misleading an entire congregation of people in two ways. Once simply because they are JW's and belong to a misguided and dangerous religion and you have signed on as one of it's leaders. A second time because they trust you and expect you to guide them in their chosen path however mistaken we may think it is. They think you are a true JW and that you are being honest with them about who you really are.

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

defender of truth - As JWs we live in prison, and the worst inmates are those who know TTATT and cant get out, its thesame as being sentenced to life imprisonment when your innocence is proven beyond doubt.

DO not expect someone in prison to behave rationally, the JW world is not a sane world, and once we come to terms with it, we use insanity to deal with insanity, so far as my conscience is clean and I sleep well, I see no reason to resort to any other method to deal with the sheeples.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit