A farce elder here

by His Excellency 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

Just to share a little about me:

I was recently appointed an elder, about 6 months ago now, and that is exactly two years after my awakenning, but funny that the appointment came also about 2 years after I had completely lost all faith in god and had been leading a full time anti-jw life . Makes you wonder the role of the holy spirit in the entire nomination or appointment process.

Well for now, I am still in, parading the elder title, I will be sitting on a jc in May and have couple of talks lined up. but am still waiting to see how long the farce would last.

• never a jw
    never a jw

If you have the stomach for that, go for another 10 years. I hope something good can come out of it for the sheep.

• twice shy
    twice shy

I hope you show a lot of love and compassion and scare the hell out of them, They'll be like what were we thinking. LOL

Then the hardest elder will try to bogart his dogmatic dominating influence on you. You'll just become a broken record saying gotta show love, show love, show compassion keep repeating over and over again then ask them can you have a minute to pray to Jehovah to reagin your strength. LMBO

Then start the record over.

You will have them shaking in their boots

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

My hat is off to you. I couldn't do it and didn't, BUT.....

This goes to demonstrate that brothers and sisters at all levels in the organization can be performers and non-believers. Elders, COs, DOs, Branch Committees, and yes even the GB. Especially the GB. Some of them HAVE to have seen what was behind the curtain once they were invited behind the curtain.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good luck with that. I could never pretend like that. Where's the up-side?

• DJS
    DJS

Welcome. I'm with the others; I couldn't fake it. It's a shame you can't be like the Star Trek episode where The Enterprise discovers a wrecked Borg scout ship with a single survivor: a young Borg drone.

La Forge and Data devised a method to use the captive Borg to destroy the Collective: a geometric formula that is unsolvable, which they plan to show to Hugh (they gave the Borg a name) for analysis. (The theory is that if Hugh views the formula and then returns to the collective, it will spread throughout every drone in the entire race and act like a computer virus - causing a catastrophic system failure, essentially wiping out the Borg species.)

Glad your'e here, Hugh.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Good idea DJS!! haha! If we only could get the virus to spread...

• sarahsmile
  • fakefading
    fakefading

Good job in being able to fake it. Once I woke up I couldn't stomach doing any more talks. Hats off to you sir. Keep it up and give us any new juicy changes and letters :-D

• watson
    watson

His Ex, classic elder material..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit