A farce elder here

by His Excellency 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• zophar
    zophar

So much for personal integrity. Like OTWO said, "What' the up side?"

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

it's one thing to be leading people down a wrong path when you are blind yourself and truly believe it is the right one but to do this knowing full well that you don't believe it and are secretly leading another life, is a pretty messed up thing to do in my opinion. Maybe I'm getting the wrong take on this but I think you will be the one who gets burned in the end, not only because you will eventually be caught but unless you're some kind of sociopath who can turn your soul on and off like a light switch, you won't be able to respect or trust or even like yourself. I can understand those who attend meetings etc just to keep the damage to their famly and social life to a minimum but it's difficult for me to understand someone who accepts a position of leadership and knowingly and deliberately misleads these overly trusting people down a path he admittedly has left himself.This is especially so when there is the possibility that your admonitions from the platform, leadership and counsil could convince them to follow through with refusing a lifesaving blood transfusion for their child, for example or make some other important life decision based on your influence.

• integ
    integ

C'mon. Leave him alone. Maybe he feels he can effect change in his position and help people...like his family maybe. It's easy to sit in judgement and question his "integrity' when you have no diea what his personal situation is.

I think it's great we have fake elders. It gives me hope there's more like him out there.

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

His Excellency,

Hi there. Thanks for introducing yourself.

I just had a comment and a question.

The comment is...please be fair on the JC. A lot of elders aren't and sometimes the ones accused aren't actually guilty of anything.

The question is...how do you feel about the new contribution stuff? The monthly payments or whatever it's being called that will be announced soon. What's the temperature on that wherever you are?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Fake elders are fine aslong as they use their powers for good not evil.

Lotsa luck with that one.

JCs are horrendous as they are but the thought that some poor schmucks JC

will be presided over by an elder that does'nt even believe anymore.

The person whose on trial might have more "faith" than you do. Thats whacked.

This is peoples lives your dealing with. My advice would be to proceed with caution.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i can just about understand the idea of an elder of long standing--with lots of close friends and family in the cult------who carries on for a while after he discovers TTATT-----

but to accept the "honour " after you already know---whats all that about ??

how on earth can you give a public talk when you know its just bullsh1t---??----you must be a very talented actor.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

There are a lot of elders that have lost their faith but go through the motions and act the role. An article I published on Ex-JW.com several years ago by "Shadow Elder" described just that situation. He was torn and hated having to fake it. He finally shared the truth with one of his sons (his story is also on that website). I have not heard from him in several months, but the last time he wrote me he said that he and his son were still in because it was clear to him that his wife would not leave. He figured he would just continue to do what he did, knowing in his heart that it was all an act. But he summed up his reasoning like this:

"I will continue to play the role of an elder. I know now that getting the rest of my family out - with the exception of one son - will not happen for the foreseeable future. I figure that I can keep my family together and maybe help and protect some of the brothers and sisters in my Kingdom Hall. I know it is all an act and I don't believe a word the Watchtower prints any more, but my conscience is clear - and that's all that is important to me."

My guess is that there are a lot of "shadow elders" out there who play the role because they are not ready to see their families destroyed. Likewise, I'm sure there are a lot of other "shadow elders" who don't believe a word of the Watchtower bullshit, but play the role because they like being in positions of power over others and enjoy the prestige of being looked up to by 80-140 people who don't know any better. I've known both kinds in my lifetime - some truly caring, but trapped - others who just enjoy lording it over others, pharisees and hypocrites.

JV

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I fail to understand how, once you have woken up, you can support an organization with blood on its hands, and still think you have a shred of personal integrity.

• cofty
    cofty

Why did you accept the appointment?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for your story, I am glad to see there are elders faking it, I knew this was true and it confirms to lurkers there is no holy spirit involved in appointments.

Don't you feel like a hypocrite though? Like cofty said I would like to know why you accepted the appointment?

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit