A farce elder here

by His Excellency 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• Zoos
    Zoos

Cofty: Why did you accept the appointment?

That's the million dollar question.

If you were completely awake 2 years ago, why accept a promotion? I think awake elders can do a lot of good also; ease JCs, drop nuggets to help others awaken. But in my mind, that scenario only works if the elder awoke as an elder. Losing all faith in God and then 2 years later accepting an elder appointment casts serious doubts on your motivations.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

hmmm the idea of acting as a fifth column is an interesting one - as others have said, if you can show mercy in JCs and influence the other elders not to abuse their power and you can surreptitiously introduce ideas to cause doubts you can do some good. But I suspect this will be unsustainable over the long term because they will eventually work out what you are up to and negate your influence and it will probably be sole destroying as you will spend a lot of time doing something you have no commitment to. Though if elders and others are reading JWN and come across this thread that may generate extreme paranoia (even more than usual) amongst elders and destroy any semblamnce of trust within the BoE, which in itself may foment unrest.

• bigmac
    bigmac

if a man in this cult sees the light----but feels he can still carry on attending some meetings or assemblies----out of (justifiable ) fear of losing wife and family--then--OK--i can go along with that....

but to serve as an elder---thats just plain ridiculous. you are seen as promoting the cult--acting as a sort of middle manager. you cant kid me you will be shunned if you stand down.

i know ive stated my case about this before--and been shot down for it--indeed i can recall one serving elder arguing his case with me--even getting abusive and name calling---where is he now--? well--he aint on here anymore.

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

H.E.

You will eventually burn out. Why do it?

pc

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I'm with Cofty and Kate and others. Why fake it? Why be part of an organizational structure that harms people? That is like joining the Gestapo as a closet Jew in my books. Not as bad as that of course, but still hypocritical.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The perfect elder, if there is one; one who is not dyed in the wool, not drinking the kool aid.

Welcome

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

hmmm - there are precedents for people pretending to be part fo the power structure but acting against it for good, e.g. Schindler's list?

H.E. If you could identfiy those with doubts and help them to fade you could do some good...but I think many of us supect the reason why you are doing this is because you enjoy the status and power trip...

• cantleave
    cantleave

I can't understand why you would accept the responsibility. How are you going to feel when you sit on a JC?

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

HE you are a hypocrite.

You are just one of the weak minded saps who parade around in front of your congregation, happy to be the big boss man, while at the same time seeking approval here on this forum.

The fact that you brag about being on a jc reveals nothing except your own vanity and immaturity and demonstrates that you much to learn about life.

Pathetic.

• ballistic
    ballistic

How one would know a judicial comitee will come up in a months time, I have no idea. Mine was a few days after arrangement. I just hope if it's true, you aren't complicit in putting someone through shame and guilt (for example leading to suicide) when to you it's obviously just a game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit