A farce elder here

by His Excellency 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

Since I awakened, I have been more active at setting up series of JCs even for matters that should normally be ignored, and I have blocked any attempt to appoint any brother. It has caused lots of frustration and disdain for the organization, and it has equally propagated so much enmity for the borg and its corporal entity, it has worked and it is still working

• DJS
    DJS

You are correct in stating that you cannot effect change from within (near the bottom). It's good that you know what your limitations are, but blocking other elders is likely a temporary solution at best. Again, I don't understand setting up JCs for any reason. They are very stressful to the sheeple - and elders, requiring lots of time and emotional energy. I would suggest leaving them be. I'm trying not to judge you as others have, but I'm having a lot of trouble accepting all that you say.

• cofty
    cofty

Your decision to treat people harshly in the hope it might cause them to leave the organisation is deeply unethical.

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

DJS - Yes, the stress the JCs bring and the subsequent emotional turmoil that follows is a major awakenning point for most dubs. Many have concluded that no correction from a loving god should be given in this cruel manner, so something must absolutely be wrong with this method and the "misfits" used to facilitate it.

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

cofty- Sabotaging the watchtower from the inside is more effective than staging protests at convention and assembly halls or distributing fliers that will eventually end up somewhere in the trash can

• DJS
    DJS

JCs often cause depression, family problems, etc. If you are an elder you know these things. Why do you not think that treating the sheeple, including the DFed, kindly and gently and 'ignoring' the Borg's directives wouldn't be a better action? The sheeple aren't going to rise up against the Borg because of your - or anyone else's harshness. That will only send some spiralling into depression, anger, etc.. Some will try to follow the Borg's edicts re: reinstatement, reproof, getting 'privileges' back, etc., while some will meander through a very difficult time with who knows what at the end of it.

I would say change your tactics. Treat the sheeple kindly and gently. Ignore the Borg's advice and cloak it in "Jesus" land if you need.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Interesting take on things, but it won't last IMO.

I too am serving and am having big problems with it all. Going through the motions is crap, and what's worse, the more I hate it the more "privileges" the body wants to give me.

I have been doing the other plan of disallowing "lording it over" types - even involved in removing one from being an elder and formally counseling another.

I will not be able to do it forever. But like you, my home is connected to dubs, my work, immediate and extended family on both sides, friends, etc.

What a mess. I get completely depressed at times.

It's interesting on paper what you are doing. Playing the villian as opposed to the hero. I would imagine that would be heavy on the conscience, though, unless you have sociopathic tendencies.

Good luck to you.

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

DJS - Treating the sheeples "kindly and gently" will only make them chained to the shackles of the DARK TOWER.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

his excellency:

In my opinion, you will not accomplish ANY reform inside this religion, you are only kidding yourself if you think you will.

At best, you may be thought of as a "nice guy" by people there, but if you said anything "suspicious" it would be too obvious and you would come under suspicion as a rogue elder. Once that happens, you're out (at least as an elder). Reform is NOT coming to this religion by anybody in the congregations, whether an elder or rank and file member.

However, if you were not an elder, I would not criticize you for keeping quiet. You are not in an enviable situation being so entangled with Witnesses, both in your housing and employment. You are essentially held hostage. Isn't it ironic that what you once thought was a blessing is now a curse. I know that JWs are very spiteful and would make so much trouble for somebody it would make your head spin. This is why I am grateful I had no such attachments! It made my "fade" so much easier.

While I realize you have a lot at stake in the religion (near-free housing, employment, family members, etc) and cannot "come out" because of the serious consequences, I do criticize you for remaining an elder. Can't you step down and give some excuse about poor health and terrible stress, etc.???? I would not want anything on my conscience.

This would be far less hypocritical and I think you might sleep better.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

HE you aren't sabotaging the society from within. You are fully supporting its policies and are doing so for your own selfish reasons.

So many people on this forum have lost so much at the hands of arseholes like you. But you are the worst of the worst.

Do not delude yourself that you are somehow doing any good. You are a corrupt and wicked coward.

You are beneath contempt and I totally despise your actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit